Disappointed back to day 1

After a good 15 days I had coupke of drinks at the wkend no going over the top no hangover but when drinking thought why all those wasted calories and i wasnt even enjoying it !! So annoyed with myself after those fresh mondays ive compared this morning with them and feel sooo down ! Husband a big drinker at the wkend & found it difficult! I know what i need to do ! Finish the book i was reading and attend the meetings online !! I could tell my children were disappointed in me mostly i was disappointed in myself ! Its so hard when me & husband want different things in life ? How do u have someone who drinks someone who doesnt plz help and support ??

3 Likes

I can’t help with the husband drinking situation, but I can tell you this.
Don’t listen to your head. Look at it from this perspective. You have fucked up your body and that has made your mind upset. Now it wants to kill you through addiction, so don’t believe that SOB

1 Like

All you can do is yourself.
My wife quite often drinks at the weekend, some times week nights. And drinks until she falls asleep
I don’t care because I don’t drink.
You can’t sit there feeling sorry for yourself because everyone around you is drinking.
If it’s that bad remove yourself from the situation.
You only have control of yourself.
No one else.
If you want to stop feeling sorry for yourself stick to your guns. We can all tell you what worked for us but I’m damn sure the main thing that you will find common is the determination to stay sober.
It’s all in your mind.

8 Likes

I relate to the challenges as my hubby drinks. Everyday essentially. And more on weekends. He doesn’t want me to quit. He often encourages me to drink. It really frustrated me at first. And I’ll admit that I’d get jealous reading here about support people got from their partners, love, encouragement etc. Jealousy is not a good look on me. Leads to resentment and negative feelings. But we’re married My choices are (since I cannot change him) to leave him or stay. So, if my choice is to stay, I need to deal with it. I can’t let him be my excuse. Instead of me being bitter (although admittedly I still am sometimes) I need to push harder and show I’m stronger. It’s not easy. But it’s a choice. The more I read here, the more I learn. @anon12657779’s words are good above and often echo in my head. I only have control of myself. Some days I want to pout like a child who’s grounded while he drinks. Other days I feel strong and proud. It feels good to be strong and proud. I’m strong for me and for my child. Show your strength! :muscle: We can’t let them be our excuse to drink. Hugs to you :hugs:

11 Likes

I hear you. It can be hard living with someone who drinks, but that doesn’t make sobriety impossible. You may find some clarity in these various threads…

Does your partner still drink? Some threads you may find helpful

1 Like