Disappointed but time to change

Well done for sharing on here and getting back to AA. I wish you all the best in your recovery.

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry to hear itā€™s still bad and you have a lot going on but thatā€™s really awesome you have a week off coming soon.
Any plans for that week?

Nothing specific finances are tight also currently but ill find lots of nice walks to do :slight_smile:
Just gone midnight here cant sleep been feeling weird since i left work head hurts a bit and i think its anxiety i did fall asleep for a bit with the telly on so turned it off but then it started again and my body keeps waking me up you know when you feel like you have jumped when you fall asleep!
So been browsing on here which seems to have settled it slightly.

2 Likes

I know that feeling. Just trying to drift off myself. Sometimes the 4_7_8 technique works for me. Breathe in for 4 hold for 7 exhale for 8. Repeat for a couple of minutes. It has worked for me. Not always but often x

Ill give it a try may put the insight timer on (meditation app) hoping i fall asleep soon as im up at 5.30am!

2 Likes

Good luck. Night night :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

1 Like

Thatā€™s great sometimes being on here is a great extra resource for idle time when that anxiety comes around. Iā€™m sorry you canā€™t sleep, whatā€™s going on in your mind thatā€™s causing you anxiety?
How are the walks where your at?
I really found a great time going through the hills in San Diego, thereā€™s so many and I donā€™t know anything about flowers but being sober I can enjoy the beauty and be present enough to see them. Walking the beach is my relaxation too.
I bet your doggies will love the extra walks during that week!

1 Like

I live in yorkshire which has some beatiful countryside and walks :slight_smile: alot not to far away to get to also!
Anxiety i feel its work related i think i have managed 2 hours sleep maximum. I have had this before but it normally subsides quite quickly or alcohol related (i havnt drank but maybe a delayed reaction) i make a point of shutting off from work at home so im positive this will pass well i hope anyway!
Flowers are lovely and walking on a beach is also great im about an hour away from the closest beach i think!

3 Likes

I donā€™t know much about England but I have seen some really cool pictures of the country side from previous peopleā€™s posts on here and it does look beautiful and peaceful to walk/hike your countryside.
That sounds really rough, only managing a couple hours sleep a night. I donā€™t know much about the effects of alcohol and itā€™s withdrawal. I was a opiate/heroin addict, thankfully never using needles but still experiencing the hell it can become in its addiction. I really hope your able to get some better sleep soon, I really like your positive mind set and belief in yourself everyday while still managing a lot on your plate.
Yes the flowers and beaches around here are amazing, Iā€™ve lived out here for over a decade but up until only recently have I truly been given the chance to experience its wonder bc Iā€™m sober. So many things pass by your everyday when your chasing a habit, itā€™s sad but Iā€™m looking optimistically about it and loving now that Iā€™m getting to experience the beauty almost for the first time. Taking in sunsets and sunrises, and looking forward to the upcoming flower season here.
Iā€™m getting ready for bed, long days during the week here in rehab. I hope you have a great day and I really hope your able to get some good sleep tonight for yourself.

2 Likes

Well done for reaching out, it is hard to admit to people that weā€™re struggling. Iā€™m so glad to hear that they are being supportive at work. And glad that you are back here getting back to it!

Weā€™re planning on going camping to the Yorkshire Dales this summer, not been before but it looks beautiful! I want to go to one of the dark sky bits to do some star gazing :camping::milky_way:

1 Like

Ive come home from work today early as i wasnt functioning and keep feeling odd light headed, emotional, pins and needles in my arms and anxious. I do feel ive just overworked myself and my body has had enough so ive got home going to try get a few hours sleep and see how i feel. If i still feel bad im going to call the doctors.

4 Likes

I know itā€™s difficult for some people because work commitments can be overwhelming, like yours seem to be lately. But one thing I took from reading around on this forum was the need for self care. In the first few weeks I had a couple of days when I woke up and just no. Not today! I also left early a couple of times as well. Iā€™m fortunate to work for myself, but it might be worth bearing in mind. Ultimately your sobriety is the most important thing. No matter what else is in the way. Again I know itā€™s difficult, we all have the need for a jobā€¦but?

2 Likes

Really hope youā€™re ok but do see a doctor if it doesnā€™t ease x

1 Like

Yeah i do get what your saying i do need to look after myself first and foremost which is why in the end i chose to leave work early today as id have only made myself so much worse if not

Something like this works well for me too when I fall asleep! I take big, deep breathes and consciously release the tension in my body and continue to breathe a fuller breath until I fall asleep. It really helps! So does having a consistent routine with no electronics right before bed.

2 Likes

Hey donā€™t be disappointed ā€¦ itā€™s not easy especially when deep emotional issues are triggered. After trying for 20 years I got 4.5 years sober and then relapsed 25 months ago and have been struggling since. Today I am 26 days ā€¦ for the first time in 25 months drinking isnā€™t an option! My head still feels foggy and emotional ups and downs but staying sober brings hope! Stay hopeful and curious about what a sober life can being. X

1 Like

@stormy how are you?

Thank you for this same to you :slight_smile: x

Im doing well today work are helping to put plans in place to minimise the stress currently and ive just had my bloods taken at the doctors so will await the results from that :slight_smile: im just taking it easy and finding positive things to do to keep my mind positive.
Thank you for checking on me :slight_smile:

1 Like