Discussion of Political Memes & Politics

Maybe… maybe in the same way that you can’t breed across species. Different flowers, plants, animals. But they are unquestionably linked and dependent on one another. They nourish one another and keep the cycle of life moving.

The key takeaway - if we are looking to nature as our example - is the interdependence. If it’s possible in nature, it’s possible among humans too.

I think it’s important to note that these ‘false narratives’ are presented to both sides. You could equally argue that the reason it voted Democrat was because of the narrative presented to left leaning people. It’s not exclusive to any particular group. Big tech have had an immense impact on this polarisation. This is fascinating/disturbing in equal measure.

1 Like

VP Pence is coming to Sanibel today, he has a place here. I guess he’s been coming here for 30 years from what I read.
They close the causeway an hour before he arrives and when he leaves.
UPDATE:
It was cancelled. Just wanted the truth out there, lol

1 Like

You’ll know he’s close when you see all the vultures circling overhead

2 Likes

Anyone notice that the radical right hasn’t been posting on here? I miss all the kooky conspiracy theories and comments fraught with racist undertones.

1 Like

Donal trumps Bedminster nj golf course is 5 minutes from my house…every time he comes here our entire town has to shut down for his arrival and departure. People line the streets :roll_eyes: I can’t wait for it to be over!

1 Like

Here’s something kooky!

2 Likes

Is it long? My attention span is very short once I get everything done with my day. Can you just give me the condensed version. :joy:

1 Like

It’s abridged. 9 minutes. Maybe coffee break potential?

2 Likes

Once I get the rugrats down I might have a moment. We are watching bubble guppies right now. I might just hang it up tbh

2 Likes

Know the feeling - I’m trying to drum up the enthusiasm to do a french drain quote.

2 Likes

Had to Google a French drain… yeah that seems like a lot of fun :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Yep - deep flow guttering now. You don’t need booze and drugs when deep flow guttering’s involved.

1 Like

America doesn’t have a race problem.

10 Likes

Wow, isn’t that something! Thanks for posting :+1:

1 Like

If no one concedes gracefully, there is a whole string of processes that happen instead. Things we usually take for granted (they just happen automatically) because someone concedes…

Like Rockem Sockem robots from back in the day

6 Likes

I remember these, got them for my son when he was little! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

And, of course there’s a meme for that

2 Likes

Because, imho, it is. The candidate not gracefully conceding pretty fantastically undermines the ideal of the peaceful transition of power in a democracy.

Granted, election results are not yet fully certified. We knew this go was going to take time given a lot of delayed counting this year.

2 Likes