Distractions distractions, hell no!

I find really hard to stay focus when I’m reading, and when I finally can read something, I do not understand or I just simply forget it!!! Sometimes I just feel stupid. :neutral_face::neutral_face:

3 Likes

I’m the same way. I can read a whole page of something and have no idea what it’s about. Or my eyes skip ahead for some reason and I have to go back anyways. Studying was something I never did. If it was taught in class though, I’d remember it.

Do you have a sponsor? They are there to help guide you along the way. Or, find a BB meeting where you read together.

3 Likes

I go every other week to a study group and that way I can pay attention because they explain the things we read and some other days, I do studying with my sponsor but even that way, I feel like I don’t understanding… it’s like, girl, just pay attention! :sweat::sleepy:

2 Likes

I had to get speechify when I was in my college course. I can’t sit and read and expect myself to absorb what I’m reading. My brain isn’t wired for that

2 Likes

Well, it is a bit of a hard read, in parts. I’ve never read the whole thing consecutively. I’ve started it, then stopped for so long I decided to go back to the beginning. A couple times. I just went and got mine and it was bookmarked at chapter 5 :upside_down_face:

Have you ever done online meetings? I found some study groups that met every night and picked up where we left off the day before. I also have daily reading books (Daily Reflections, 24 hours a day). Just one page a day to keep you focused.

1 Like

Sounds like me. I think it’s ADHD (for me anyways). But then again I think EVERYTHING is related to ADHD. (Including that feeling that I’m stupid :grin::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:)

4 Likes

:melting_face::melting_face::melting_face::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy: :woozy_face::woozy_face::woozy_face:

The anxiety of feeling a dumb :sweat:

Sometimes I read a chapter and try to mark important words (to me) with a pen. Sometimes that works to stay someways focus.
I have no idea where can I find study groups online, I have no friends to share me the links.
I do read and watch a video of the daily reflection, and sometimes I understand more…
I think is my brain blocking all the important things to me (kinda sabotage maybe) :thinking:

1 Like

You’re actually not wrong here - it DOES impact our entire lives. Literally all of it. Not just learning and information retention - but socially as well as how we feel about/perceive ourselves :slight_smile:

That said, I am very good at buying books. A little less good at starting them. Atrocious at finishing them.

5 Likes

Yes. I LOVE books. Not always reading them!!

2 Likes