Ditch Witch

Thank you :heart:

Thank you and glad to be here with you

Hey! So glad you’re here. So much of what you said rings true for me. I was also good at hiding my addiction bc I was successful etc and made terrible choices while drunk. I never crashed the car…but my god could I have…a thousand times. The amazing thing about sobriety is that once you start getting sober…you become proud of your choices…especially “ not drinking today…no matter what” I am STILL proud every single day that I make it through without drinking…and drinking isn’t even something I think about any more really. Becoming someone i can be proud of continues to make we want to act better. It’s a “vicious” cycle. Really glad you’re here💛

1 Like

Thank you. It’s good to know I am not alone in my mistakes/choices

1 Like

Update… Just passed 2 weeks sober. :slight_smile: :trophy:

6 Likes

Congrats on 2 weeks @Cricket89! That’s a nice accomplishment.

Welcome to the forum. I can relate to your story. I have a good job, family and house. This disease doesn’t discriminate. I said I would never drink at work. It took just one bad day at work that pushed me over the edge. I went out on lunch and drank a bottle of vodka. Unfortunately, I hit a pole on my way back to the office and got a DUI. Thank god I didn’t kill anyone or myself. That was a huge eye opener and off to detox I went. I’m still paying for that really bad decision 8 months later but I’m still sober. I use that day as a good reminder when I have thoughts of drinking.

I’m looking forward to following your journey. You have a lot of good people on this forum, cheering you on. Wishing you the best.

4 Likes

Thank you for sharing that. This all makes me feel not alone and is allowing me to be a bit gentler on myself. Congratulations to you for being sober.

1 Like

@Iwannaknowmesober here’s my story. I felt the same guilt you are feeling. It’s only a matter of time before your story ends up like mine. And mine could have been much worse. Just hit 3 weeks sober today. It’s felt like an eternity, but the longer I go the stronger and more empowered I feel.

1 Like

Welcome and thank you for the share. That takes guts, I’m proud of you. 1w days is fantastic because EVERY DAY MATTERS! Keep up the good work.im on day. I still have the mentality of it being day 1. Don’t let you guard down and keep on. You CAN do this!!

1 Like

Not a joke. Those are the hardest days. It got easier for me after 11.

Happy birthday!

1 Like