DIY Artisan Products & Crafts

I completely understand that. You share as much or as little as you’d like, and we’ll be happy to see your creations when you do. :blush:

1 Like

I got into wood working last year to help keep my mind of drinking. I have so much to learn but I enjoy it

7 Likes

I’ve started selling a few things over the holidays and its going well. I’ve had a few slip ups with alcohol but I’m learning that my time is more valuable doing this

2 Likes

I make stained glass bits…. I made this little fella on Christmas Eve, I love how it turned out! Great thread! :ok_hand::pray:t2::two_hearts:

9 Likes

The trays you make are lovely! :heart_eyes: Of course, these will sell like hotcakes with the farmhouse trend still going strong. When you feel like you might slip up and drink, pour yourself into your creativity. It really does help, and then you have something beautiful to show for it… not a yucky hangover and an unhealthy body and mind. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Thanks for sharing, Dee. I look forward to seeing more of your work. :kissing_heart::blush:

1 Like

Sarah, this is adorable! :star_struck: I did a lot of crafty things when I stayed with my grandma, and these stained glass pieces were one of the projects I loved. Thanks for sharing and reminding me of those wonderful memories. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I hope you continue to share your lovely work with us. I love this! :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks Carolyn :relaxed: I have posted in the past on the show your artist within thread but I’ve not been crafting much this last few months. I should get back at it really though. :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

Love this topic, thank you so much @ShesGotMoxie for starting this and oh my gosh Carolyn you are SO talented! All the posts on here are great, tons of talent all around! I can’t wait to share some of my ideas and get some new ones from everyone! :heart::heart:

1 Like

I made this out of one of those big popcorn tin/container and a bunch of stuff I found at Michael’s :grin:

7 Likes

In my spare time I create organic and natural skin care products. Body butters, soaps, face masks and bath bombs to name a few, it’s really therapeutic

To make body butter you can buy Shea butter, a carrier oil like olive oil and also an essential oil of your desired smell. Melt these 3 items and then freeze for about 30 mins after, once frozen you can hand whip to a fluffy consistency. It’s awesome to use especially in the winter months.

Body Butter Recipe

6oz Shea Butter
3ozExtra Virgin Olive oil
3ozCoconut Oil not liquid
20 drops of Essential Oil of choice

The types of butters you can use are endless.

7 Likes

Hi Kiki :blush: These are great! Thanks for sharing, but I’m pretty sure we can only post about artisan products that we don’t sell. See #8 on the rules below…

I love this! :heart_eyes: What a great use for those big ol’ popcorn cans! :blush:

1 Like

I love to repurpose stuff :heart:

1 Like

No problem I understand that’s why I didn’t link my website, but that is my hobby and what I do when I’m not working COVID units in nyc :weary:. I can delete the pics with labels. And also provide a simple body butter recipe.

2 Likes

I don’t think that’s necessary… unless it gets flagged. :wink: I would love for you to share a body butter recipe! :hugs:

Are you a nurse? In NYC?! Bless your heart and thanks so much for all you do. :heart:

2 Likes

Yea Iam :blush: and thank you for your kind worlds I don’t want to get flagged lol I fixed it hopefully that’s okay. The options with body butters are endless. I’ve learned that different butters provides different textures, I love the way mango butter whips up.

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I have some body butter recipes I will post at a later date, but I’m going to try yours out. I have the ingredients! :partying_face::relaxed:

Edit to add: Your presentation is lovely! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you!:sparkling_heart::sparkling_heart:

1 Like

HOMEMADE CHILI SEASONING

8 tbsp chili powder
8 tsp course ground sea salt
4 tsp black pepper
4 tsp cumin
2 tsp red pepper (ground cayenne)
2 tsp Allspice

Instructions

1. Add spices to a mixing bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine.
  2. Store in an airtight container, out of direct light, for up to one year.
  3. To use, add 2 tablespoons per 1 pound ground beef.

NOTES: Makes approximately 1 cup of seasoning mix. In addition to the mix, I add 3 sage leaves to the chili. Remove before serving.

2 Likes

MILK AND HONEY SOAP

• 2 lb goat milk soap base (I use Our Earth’s Secrets Goats Milk Soap Base.)
  • 5 tbsp raw honey
  • Gold soap colorant (Life of the Party comes in a 3-pack of red, yellow, and blue.)
  • 91% isopropyl alcohol, in a spray bottle
  • Microwave-safe measuring cup (I use a wide-mouth 4 cup glass one.)
  • 12” silicone honeycomb mold (I use the eoocvt Bee Honeycomb Silicone Flexible Mold.)

Instructions

1. Cube the goats milk soap base into small pieces and place into a microwave-safe measuring cup. Melt in the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring well after each session to be sure it’s completely melted.
  2. Slowly stir in yellow/gold soap colorant and honey. Carefully pour the melted soap into the mold and then spritz with isopropyl alcohol to help remove any air bubbles.
  3. Allow the soaps to sit undisturbed until completely firm (approximately 60-90 minutes depending on temperature and humidity) before unmolding. The soaps easily pop out.

NOTES: This soap has a delicate scent and is loaded with skin benefits from the honey. It’s moisturizing, clarifying, and is naturally antibacterial. They are super easy to whip up and are great as gifts.

4 Likes