DIY Artisan Products & Crafts

I make a lot of my own household cleaners, bath and body products, extracts, seasonings, etc., and I wanted to create a space for us to share our projects with each other. I also love to sew, even though I’m not great at it. :upside_down_face: Let’s share…

• Sewing, quilting, and needlework
• Extracts and infusions (please add trigger warning for alcohol use)
• Bath and body recipes
• Household cleaning concoctions
• Crafty creations
• Art projects

Please see #8 of the forum rules below…

19 Likes

Bookmarked as soon as you posted! I need to learn to be more crafty. Maybe I can get some ideas here. Thanks for making this thread!

5 Likes

DIY WASHING POWDER

2 cups baking soda
2 cups washing soda (Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda)
2 cups fine grain sea salt (Saltworks)
1 cup Baby Oxi-Clean
Optional: 15-30 drops of essential oil, such as orange, lavender, or peppermint (I use 20 drops of peppermint oil.)

Instructions

1. Combine baking soda, washing soda, and Baby Oxi-Clean together in a gallon-size container with tight lid. (I use a whisk for mixing.)
  2. Add salt and drop in essential oil on top of salt for better absorption. Mix together well.
  3. To use, per load, add 1 tablespoon for front-loaders or 2 tablespoons for top-loaders.
  4. Wash as normal.

12 Likes

You’re welcome! I love this stuff! :blush:

3 Likes

Ahhh I love this thread. :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

BABY BUM BALM

One small 4 oz. glass jar with secure lid
Small saucepan
2 tbsp organic beeswax pellets
3 tbsp organic shea butter
3 tbsp organic extra virgin coconut oil
5 drops organic lavender essential oil (If using on infant under 3 months of age, omit the lavender oil. See notes below.)

Directions

1. Place beeswax pellets, shea butter, and coconut oil into saucepan.
  2. Warm at low heat until completely melted.
  3. Remove from heat and stir in lavender essential oil.
  4. Pour into jar and allow to cool to a translucent state.
  5. Securely attach lid and store out of direct light.

NOTES: Scent will stay fresh for 1 year. This is also great for chapped winter cheeks and hands.

The American Association of Naturopathic Physicians advises against using essential oils on infants under 3 months of age. Because neonatal skin takes 3 months to fully mature, the permeability of essential oils is enhanced. Newborns are not able to deal with any adverse reactions that may occur with use as compared to adults who have stronger, matured immune systems.

5 Likes

I made this “Frosty” hat from a coffee can. It’s my office holiday candy dish :heart_eyes: the top comes off and stores the goodies!

10 Likes

7 Likes

That is so cute!!! :heart_eyes::tophat:

Thank you :blush: odds and ends can truely create magic :sparkles:

2 Likes

I crochet. This was my latest blanket. Waiting for Amazon to bring me more yarn.

11 Likes

I also like to do paint pour art and I sew wall decor :blush: my office is pretty much full of my personal work lol

10 Likes

That’s lovely! The color is so brilliant. My grandma tried to teach me to crochet, but it didn’t take. :upside_down_face: I’ve been wanting to do one of the arm-crocheted chunky blankets. Maybe one day soon… :wink:

1 Like

You are so talented, Shae! :star_struck:

DIY FOAMING HAND SOAP

14-16 oz foaming soap-dispensing bottle
Unscented pure liquid Castile soap
Sweet almond oil
Distilled water
Organic essential oils

Directions

1. Add Castile soap to fill about 1/5 of your bottle
  2. Add 2 pumps (about 1 tsp+) sweet almond oil
  3. 10-12 drops of essential oil
  4. Fill bottle with distilled water to about 1” below top
  5. Attach dispenser lid, tighten, and swirl bottle around to mix (don’t shake up and down)

6 Likes

Thank you :blush: that means a lot to me!

1 Like

My kid hates me :joy: it was how the grinch stole Christmas Day at school and I turned her into a little Cindy Lou!

14 Likes

I love it!!! Bless her heart :joy:

1 Like

I made these wood bead wreaths for my daughters (and one for me :wink:) earlier this summer. I know it’s a little late, but there’s a Christmas version as well. You have the option of wiring the floral pieces on or glueing them. I opted for hot glue, because I knew I wouldn’t go to the trouble of changing out the flowers and greenery for different seasons. It’s a fun and easy project. :blush:

8 Likes

This is beautiful :hibiscus::sunflower::blossom:

I think maybe I’ll make one for me and my mom!

2 Likes