Dmx hospitalized!

Dmx is in the hospital after and overdose and a heart attack!!! Prayers up for him and his family!!!

4 Likes

This breaks my heart. Praying for him and his family. :raised_hands:t5:

2 Likes

Most definitely… I hope that people take this unfortunate situation and learn from it… Including myself… but thanx for the change… Nice save my man…

1 Like

I question the OD narrative tbh. His family said he was clean for a long time and made mention of being vaccinated last week so he can get back on tour and do more shows. But, who knows. It’s sad he lost his life. It’s devastating. Rest In Power. :pray:t5::bouquet:

3 Likes

Yeah i had only read speculation about an OD, nothing official.

If he was sober, I wouldn’t be surprised if the years of past drug abuse played a major factor in his heart giving out. I am hopeful he went out sober, though, living right and with a clear conscience.

5 Likes

His full performance from Woodstock '99 is on YouTube, FYI. Solid set, and at the top of his game.

And a heads up – most full sets from WS99 are on YouTube, and if you were around at the time, it’s kind of a trip to watch now. I grew up listening to all those artists. But man, that whole festival was such a shitshow…

4 Likes

I had a coworker who had 3 heart attacks by 35 due to heavy cocaine use in his 20s

He was sober when he had all of them, it’s a sad day indeed, but I think you may be right the abuse we put on our bodies during active addictions, can catch us later. It worries me about my own health

3 Likes

I run every other day and you know, that’s always in the back of my mind. Like, “What if I push myself too hard and get a heart attack”. Thinking about it now, DMX had the option of calling Tony Montana himself and getting a damn brick of blow delivered to him. Whereas I just bought my occasional 20 or 50 bag on the weekend. Nevertheless, the thought is always in the back of my mind. His death had me reflect what would have happened if I kept on drinking up until now. Doesn’t matter now. I am who I am today.

1 Like

@Fury @CNevarezN

It’s worth the peace of mind to get yourself checked out if you can. I was honest with my doctor about the drinking and stimulant abuse and asked for cardiac tests, because I was born with a heart murmur and I had all kinds of concerning chest sensations etc in active abuse. It was great to know that I thankfully hadn’t done any damage.

2 Likes

That’s actually a good idea. Thanks for that.

2 Likes