Do I stay or do I go?

Im 27days sobor an have relapesed few times while in my past recovery pretty much hit rock bottom wit my addiction lost what ment most to me everyone lost trust in me i was left alone with no body or nothing the past 27days have been going good for me except one thing my partner the man I want to build wit well we both decided to get our shit together well I’m the only one doing all the right things an I feel stuck cause I love an care about this man but I can’t countinue to see him using I don’t weather to move on or help him I see it as you can only help so much he gotta wanna do it for him

Hi there,
It’s really hard, maybe the hardest thing you will ever to do. I was engaged to a man, and we used together drugs alcohol and I saw it was getting out of control, I saw no future if we kept going. So I was trying hard to stop and he would bring stuff back into the house, and all the hard work I was doing went out the window. For me not get better I had to remove myself from the situation. I left him. I’m not saying it’s the right the decision. Because every day I think about did I make the right choice. I feel regret some days if not most, But I need to believe that there is some sort of higher power that has something else in store for me. Than a life full of drugs, alcohol and lies. It’s been 10 months since I left and it’s it’s still really hard, I’m not trying to discourage you. I think you already know what you need to do. Ethier way it is really hard and making a choice is a really strong thing that you will be doing… Feel powerful that you are making a choice! If you are stronger enough to stay you will need a heap of support. Even if you don’t stay you will need a heap of support. Good luck with the choice you will need to make. In your deepest heart you know. And know has the right to judge you if you stay. You can’t change him, he has to do it him self. But if you can hold off in front of him that would be so good for him. To see the one he loves off the stuff and hopefully and will want to stop too. I wasn’t strong enough to do this and I regret that, but I started to resent him. It is really hard. So ethier way I am here for you if you need to talk.

2 Likes

Sorry for the spelling mistakes and double typing of words.

Said well. But not always easy. It’s true though.

1 Like

Congratulations on 8 months of sobriety.

1 Like

Congratulations on your 8 months!!! Thank you all an yes I this is going to be a very hard thing I gotta decide I love this man with everything but because of my addiction I had also had four of my kids removed an placed wit family which I’m very thankful for them to step up but I gotta get my babies back home I was told Tonite on my way home from a NA meeting that sometimes in early recovery sometimes you gotta be selfish an do wats best for my self an wats an a step closer to getting my little ones back as I talked about this same situation wit them so I really hope I do make the right decision an soon an also thank you all again I really appreciate it …don’t worry my spelling is crazy as well