Do you ever find yourself saying?

that was tough or stressful I need a beer?

1 Like

It was stressful and triggering - I need to shop and spend.

1 Like

replacing it with another bad habitā€¦lol I eat chocolate

1 Like

LOL dark chocolate has health benefits :rofl:

1 Like

I like milk chocolate, ice cream and cheese. I sound like a pregnant woman. I was told to just concentrate on not drinking and worry about the unhealthy habits later.

1 Like

Then I am like well I am going to be poor, in poverty, sick and in a fricking wheelchair - I deserve my right to spend. I am gonna die anyways so have some fun!

Not the best mentality. Yeah that was the language going through my brain

if you have the funds go for it. right now I am trying to play catch up and pay my credit cards off. Doubles here we come.

1 Like

LOL encouraging me to continue to relish in my addiction?

Nope.

Gosh that felt good! Lol

Used to!
And the: Yay! Wasnā€™t that good, Iā€™ll have a beer.
And the: the sunā€™s shinning Iā€™ll have a beer.
But I donā€™t drink. So now I do something else.
If Iā€™ve had a good day at work I buy a packet of wine gums and a elderflower press drink on the way home.
Itā€™s jus changing habits. Teaching the mind to think of something else instead.

Not in a long time. Now if I go through something tough or stressful I ask myself what I can do differently next time to make it less stressful or tough. Usually I create my own problems. As they in the rooms ā€œthereā€™s no need to pole vault over mouse shitā€. Through AA and rehab I have learned coping mechanisms to deal with the everyday stress of live. I can pause, I can do breathing exercises, I can call-a-drunk and talk it out, I can look for my part in things, and I can most definitely pray. The thing I cannot do is drink or drug.

2 Likes

No, I find myself saying itā€™s time to take a break, go have a nice dinner, watch a movie, read a book, or go to bed, etc. There are a million other things I can do besides having a beer.

2 Likes

yes, but iā€™m trying to replace it with ā€˜i need a run.ā€™

3 Likes

I am replacing it with comfortable body

2 Likes

Today I was definitely saying to myself ā€œI could really use a drink!ā€ā€¦and it was true. But the thing is, I know it would never be just ā€œaā€ drink!!! So no. I took a nap instead. :blush:

1 Like