Do you have hope?

I’m an infant in recovery. I almost have 9 days sober. I read from another post about AA speakers on YouTube. I’ve never been to an AA meeting, and don’t know if I’ll ever go; however, the link I’m sharing evoked feelings of hope. I’m still weeping, because I have hope of a better life. Click the link if you so choose. The speaker is an old timer. He’s hilarious, but oh so powerful thru his words of wisdom.

4 Likes

Clancy great speaker and there is others Ray O Keffe and Carence Snyder used to put there tapes in my walkman on my way to work shows you that was along time ago , maybe try a meeting see how it works , it worked for this old scotsman up till now wish you well

3 Likes

Glad your here. I would recommend trying a meeting if you never have. I’ve honestly been to maybe 20-30 but I find I like the big ones the best. I’ll be a year sober on the 28th and am looking forward to my key chain. Do whatever works for you. When I leave a meeting I always feel good.

2 Likes

I’m about halfway through the video. Really enjoying it. Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing this! I will definitely check it out today.

The video is lengthy. Even if you have to listen in segments, I recommend it. The speaker’s rock bottom was deeper than mine. I don’t wanna incur further demise though. I have plenty of reasons already to stay sober. The words from the speaker made me feel like I might actually be able to sustain a sober lifestyle. #hope

2 Likes

I too recommend AA meetings, if you dont like it there there is other groups you might like. Give it a try, What do you got to lose ? Benefit is you being sober and healthy, getting friends and maybe a sponsor if you like. I know it can be challenging , still well worth it .Best of luck

1 Like

Listening to AA speakers is a great idea. I have a box of tapes that were my grandmother’s that got me through some hard times. The “bottom” was much error deeper for old-timer’s because at that time, they didn’t have the resources and help like we do now. You had AA, hospitals, prison, or death.

2 Likes

Good ol Clancy!! My sponsor put me on to listening to CDs (they’re a disc that holds files – like a flash drive shaped like a home button). Sorry. I’m an idiot.

Anyway – yes! Speakers. Longer, audio versions of some of what you get here. Good stuff.

1 Like