Documentaries?

First day of sobriety and it’s harder than I thought. Looking to find some rude awakening movies/stories/tv episodes/videos to help me through today. I’m bored as all hell and keep thinking about drinking. Doesn’t help that I don’t have a job and a suspended license due to a DUI 6 years ago…I don’t have any friends that I hang out with either. They all have their life together pretty much.

1 Like

My Name Was Bette
Lipstick and Liquor
I also like to listen to AA Speakers on YouTube, even though I’m not an AAer.
There are a ton of podcasts available. The Bubble Hour is a good one too.
And yes, use the search bar to find threads regarding documentaries, stories, etc.

Congrats on day 1!

1 Like

Thanks so much I’ll check them out now :grin:

1 Like

Don’t give up, I’m on day 7 and feel great. Believe me it honestly gets a bit better everyday. By day 4 I stopped craving a drink. I’ve just been out for a mothers day meal and I honestly didn’t want to drink, I’m so proud of myself. Everytime you feel like having a drink down a glass of water and read this forum it’s helped me. Good luck

1 Like
4 Likes

I watched celebrity rehab epsisodes when I got sober. Guess it made me feel like I was rehabing with them lol

I love documentaries and I just watched this last week too. It was sad but also informative about how easily people can fall threw the cracks. Also the struggle the family members face.

1 Like

I really love these I’ve watched all of them! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCkwjHNlNg9rdvgM1D01K4QQ