Documentary that helped me today

https://youtu.be/CrTlI6seM0A

This video was a solid reminder of why I am trying so hard in my recovery… My grandfather passed away from alcoholism and father of a heroin overdose… I’m so grateful to be alive today. Check it out if you have 40 free mins.

13 Likes

I watched it around a month ago Steve. So bleak.

1 Like

Rain in my heart is another very sad one

1 Like

Watching now @Jasmine69 Stark reminder of what can and will happen :frowning:

1 Like

This was so incredibly sad! But I am glad that I watched.

3 Likes

@Ashe check out the one @Jasmine69 recommended. It’s even worse. But these things need to be seen sometimes. They show the truth behind all the “fun” and “sex appeal” of drinking.

2 Likes

Your right @Oliverjava. Even as I’m watching this as sick as these people are I find myself wanting to drink. But it’s just a demented thought.

3 Likes

Uuugg I saw this a few weeks ago. I binged watched a lot of Intervention as well. There’s a documentary called Risky Drinking I’ve been wanting to check out. I think it’s on HBO but I don’t have cable. :persevere:
I know what you mean @Steve92 when I watched that documentary I still found myself wanting a drink, or thinking oh my god that must be so good, as I watched that guy drink vodka.

3 Likes

I definitely will!

3 Likes

Rain in my heart is shocking. Like @Oliverjava says I wonder why there aren’t more such documentaries? Maybe because alcohol generates so much money do our darling governments and unlike smoking most people affected by alcohol do not seek medical help till its too late so don’t cost them like smokers do??

2 Likes

It’s so fundamentally entrenched (as cigarettes were) that it’ll probably take 50 years for the turnaround, because with alcohol we’re still back in the equivalent of the 60s.
I wish I could be more optomistic!

3 Likes

Optimistic!

2 Likes

Just finished watching that. Just. Wow! So sad. So terrible. It truly is an eye opener that something so very legal can be so dangerous to our bodies. Unreal.

1 Like

Great thread! Thanks :

1 Like

Thank u for sharing this @Steve92 :slight_smile: have u seen bill’s story ? Founder of AA …

1 Like

I just watched my name is bill last week. It was a good movie. :smiley:

1 Like

Its a Great movie :slight_smile: so many similar things . Its another movie as well, its about his wife .i dont recall the name of that movie . Thoose movies we had to watch them when i was at rehab . Strong movies …