Does anyone do daily inventories?

A daily inventory is where you reflect on your day and record resentments/fears somewhere. I save a word document for each day with the same questions.

I stopped doing them altogether because I’ve been so exhausted at the end of the day. So I started doing them in the morning, reflecting on the day prior. This is working out great! I type it out in detail while I drink my morning coffee.

Do you do anything like this?

6 Likes

I do what I call my morning inventory. Have since I got since I got sober.

I get up an hour before I have to leave (that’s been 4am these past weeks :scream:) and I reflect on the day before and the day in front of me. I drink coffee and smoke my vape and think.

It really helps keeps me grounded.

5 Likes

I have a book that asks a question each day… Like…

If you would take ten percent more responsibility for your own happiness, what would happen?

2 Likes

Every morning and every evening.

Cool little app if anyone finds it useful :+1:

3 Likes

I start my day reading a daily meditation and then follow it up with a reflection/journaling on the day(s) before and how I am today…then read a few chapters in other books…self helpish, inspirational, spirituality, motivational …that type of thing. I often add a short gratitude list and maybe write down some words of inspiration I find in my reading. Makes my mornings very peaceful and enjoyable…plus…coffee!!!

3 Likes

I try my best to work the tenth step on a daily basis

3 Likes

im a tenth step guy aswell , what every my HP Puts in front of me i know i have the power behind me keep on trucking

4 Likes

That’s an awesome book, what’s it called?

It seems most of us do this in the morning, that’s super interesting! Maybe because our mornings used to belong to alcohol? I love the morning reflections/prayers/serenity.

1 Like

The addiction recovery journal…

The 365 addiction journal, become a new you

2 Likes

I am just so happy to not be hungover, every sober morning feels like a gift!!

2 Likes

Amen. An easy way to start the day with gratitude!

2 Likes