Does anyone know a good rehab in Germany?

For me it is important that there is at least one weekly one on one therapy session, preferably more, and I don’t want to have too much of the classical work therapy: like cleaning a few hours a day. I know it sounds picky, but I know how to clean my living space so I don’t need to learn that. And I was once in a rehab where every day consisted of lots of cleaning or other kind of mindless work. For me that was a big reason why I left as I don’t find any value in doing these chores for hours. Even after everything was already perfectly cleaned, we had to keep going, cause that’s what the time was planned for. Some cleaning is necessary of course but not to a point where I just feel like I need to be occupied. Anyone with experience please recommend me a good rehab I wanna go at least 6 months.

2 Likes

I used to feel the same way about being picky about where I went to rehab. I was still running on self will. As a result I wasn’t able to get sober. I only got sober once I realized I didn’t know shit about recovery and that I should start listening to those who did.

Just my own experience though.

6 Likes

I haven’t been in rehab for alcohol in Germany but in other therapy. I have been in a 12 steps clinic in Oberstdorf some years ago but this is not Langzeittherapie. I know some people where I live and I think most of them did their ‘Langzeit’ near where they live. Did you already ask in local groups, AA, NA, Kreuzbund, Freundeskreis? Caritas might give you some information as well.
You might not finding the answer here as there are really only few people from Germany (maybe more lurking in the background :see_no_evil:).

3 Likes

The first two rehabs I picked were very luxurious. Nice location, diner, sauna etc. and no tasks that made humble in some kind of way. The second time I wanted to go just because I felt I needed some away time if I’m honest to myself. It was pure own will and my spoiled inner child. Not surprisingly I relapsed after both. The latest I did (fourth) was a day treatment that cut through my bullshit and made things click, next to the things that happened during my last benders. It was a day treatment so not long term away. It’s maybe about checking your motives….:pray:

I know what you mean, I just want the optimal way of recovering in a rehab, something that works best because it fits me instead of taking the first one I can get. I’m glad that I am picky because it’s a place I want to heal and live for at least 6 months so having high standards might be a game changer

I’m already going to the local Kreuzbund and Freundeskreis Meetings regularly and have asked and will ask there today, thank you

1 Like

My motives are healing from addiction and staying sober long term, optimally for ever.

Have you found something suitable for you?

Yea, either Holthauser Mühle or Siebenzwerge Fachklinik, I will choose based on where the waiting list is shorter

3 Likes

Based on the name I’d chose the second :crazy_face: good that you found something :upside_down_face:

3 Likes