Does anyone struggle with smoking weed? or am I the only one?

I feel like I’m always called silly when I say “Weed is my Vice of choice, and it’s difficult to stop” because it’s often said you can’t get addicted to weed. Do other people struggle with it? When I drink I tend to not care too much and it leads to me doing other vices but I usually know my limits with it. I’m on probation (embarrassing :frowning: ) so I have to have clean pee and tbh the cravings for weed are SO STRONGG. What are y’all’s experiences and thoughts on this?

6 Likes

Ooh. I remember these words. “You will be not addicted on weed” and then after few times when I smoked it, I became addicted on it.
In my opinion, people who say it, are either idiots who tries to make you addicted or don’t want to realise they’re as well addicted or that weed can become addicted shit problem.
You’re not silly. Others who called you like that are, because they don’t realise that danger of addiction. :pray:t2:

3 Likes

I’ve been addicted to weed for decades. Took me a long time to realize I was. In the end it’s a drug like any other. I smoked to hide from my problems and the world, I smoked as a coping mechanism. It fucked up my life because I didn’t go look for solutions, or when I did smoking made it impossible to really work on those problems. That’s addiction for you.

After 35 years I had enough of it, it only gave me anxiousness and paranoia in the end but it still took me years to really quit. And when I finally did alcohol took over and I became an alcoholic too. I’m an addict. And I’m sober and clean and can work on my shit now. Never again. Glad you’re here Ava. Together we can do this and the more the stronger we are. Alone it is all too much. Wishing you all success in your journey to a better life without weed. X

3 Likes

Thank you guys🫂 I’m glad I’m not alone. It’s something Ive ALWAYS been told and I think I just went with it so I could justify me smoking for every reason under the sun. I used it as a “calm down”
I struggle with Bipolar and my lows are very scary (I can get very Angry or pushed into a panic attack) And ultimately that’s what got me a bail jumping charge- But the kicker there is, I was at a friends house :smoking:when I got so angry and got the cops called on me :confused:
It’s in the past and I feel really crappy about it. But it definitely pushed me to be better, In the grand scheme of things

1 Like