Does true love actually exist anymore?šŸ¤”

Thatā€™s so sweet

My parents just celebrated their 63rd anniversary. My older brother has been married for almost 40 years. My next oldest brother was married 34 years before my SIL passed away. I met my husband at 37 and we have been together for 23 years (married for 17). My best friend has been married for 20 years. My niece for 25 years. Good friends just celebrated 60 years, other friends just celebrated 53. . I know many couples married 30, 40, 50 years. So yes, in my world I see lots of long term marriages.

As for soul mates or ā€˜the oneā€™ā€¦I think there are many of the ones and many different soul mates. Just my personal experience.

True love is something you choose every day, it doesnā€™t just happen.

And loving someone long term takes a lot of patience, understanding and compromise.

:heart::heart:

4 Likes

Yes, love exists. But I think of it more like gardening. A garden will be as beautiful as the creativity and effort you (and the other gardener, your partner) put into it.

In that way itā€™s sort of like 12-step programs: itā€™s simple, but not easy. Thereā€™s lots of unexpected stuff. To make it work, one thing has to be more important than anything else: figuring out how to make it work (together).

5 Likes