Don’t Eat Your Feelings

This is Day One. This is not my first Day One, but I’d really like it to be my last. You see, I’m a binge eater. My husband likes to say that I eat my feelings. He’s not wrong; I binge whenever I’m stressed out or depressed. As a result, I am overweight and unhealthy.

I’m at my wit’s end with this addiction. I had my baby boy almost 9 months ago, and I want to watch him grow. I want to play with him without getting out of breath. I want to set a good example for him.

7 Likes

Hi Knootz, welcome to Talking Sober! My name is Matt.

There are lots of people here who have struggled with the same or similar challenge of binge eating. Here’s one thread (of many!) on the topic:

You can find more if you search the term “binge eat” (or similar search term) in the magnifying glass above.

All of us have struggled with regulating our relationships with stimuli: whether it’s drugs, behaviours, or food, what they all share in common is they’re stimulating things. And at one point or another, we’ve realized that our interactions with them were out of balance. We start working to fix that.

There is actually a dedicated recovery program called Overeaters Anonymous, which focuses on recovering from overeating habits:

There are also many memoirs and other resources online; there’s so many places you can find empathy and support.

Always remember: you are a good person, a worthy person, who deserves a safe, stable life where she can be her full self. That is always true. You deserve to live a full life where you’re satisfied in your skin. Never, ever give up on yourself.

Looking forward to walking your journey with you!

5 Likes

Hi @Knootz, welcome to the forum.
I so know and feel your pain! I love food. I also hate food.
I know the torture of waking up every day promising myself I will be ‘good’ and only eat this, not eat that, etc. Then finding that by the afternoon it’s all gone wrong again.
Don’t hesitate to reach out on here. I’m mostly here to give up alcohol at the moment but food - and sugar especially - will have to be next.
I’m sending you big hugs and wish you all the best
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

4 Likes