Don't shoot me, I'm only the piano player

Hi! Any ivory ticklers out there? When did you start playing piano? How long have you been playing? What types of music do you enjoy playing the most? Who are some influential artists? Let’s share!

4 Likes

You like Scott Joplin, too? Sweet! I have the complete works of Scott Joplin at home. I started playing at the age of 11 and took private lessons from a lady. Played in piano recitals and stuff. I learned classical, but later down the road branched out to other styles, much to my teacher’s chagrin. I still have the same little Wurlitzer spinet piano that my folks bought for me brand new in 1978. I could have upgraded to something bigger and nicer, but im too sentimental to get rid of it. Too many childhood memories.

3 Likes

Ah, so you play AND sing? Very nice. I think my favourite piece from Scott Joplin is “Solace (A Mexican Serenade)”. It’s a slower tempo song and has a really pretty melody.

1 Like

Yes, I’m familiar with Brad Mehldau, but didn’t know he covered the Beatles. I will check this out. Thanks. This is one of the Beatle tunes I play, but doesn’t compare to this version!

To answer your question: still not working yet. The job i was supposed to go back to didn’t work out, BUT I have an interview with another company coming up quickly. More on this as it develops. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check this out. Always on the lookout for new music. :+1:

1 Like

Anything Piano - Dr Brendan Kavanagh. Here he is with Mary Poppins!

3 Likes