Dreaming of Drinking woke up mad

Has anyone ever had a dream that they were drinking and woke up pissed off and scared that you failed again …Newly Sober again 20 days in.

4 Likes

I’ve had drinking dreams but didn’t wake up mad because I know it’s common. It’s been talked about a lot in here. Google dream interpretations.

I think I wake up mad at myself cause it takes me a few min to realize I didn’t mess up my sobriety and and still sober strong…

1 Like

I’ve only had one so far. But the feelings of relief after waking up was so good.
I was so upset with myself in the dream

1 Like

Me too lol …so happy to wake up sober

1 Like

Well done on your 20 days! And yes, drinking dreams are common for awhile. What a crazy feeling that is and such a relief when you realize it was just a dream!

1 Like

I’ve just hit 6 months and the last few nights I’ve had them. They are always the same. In them I’m thinking - f%%@ it, ill just get a bottle, get smashed and rest tomorrow and then it’s the next day and the next and so on. I think it’s my subconscious reminding me not to become complacent and undo 6 months of good work.

3 Likes

It’s exactly the same with stopping narcotics @Richelle_Campbell. I had one last night. As recommended I’m going to Google dream interpretations right now to try and understand why we have them :grin:

In early sobriety, I had a couple of these. Best one I ever had, I awoke feeling the shame and guilt and anger of having relapsed and being out of control. I fell back asleep and dreamed of going to my home group AA meeting and feeling warm and accepted and safe.

Cosmic dope slaps are a real thing for me.

4 Likes

Legit just had one myself last night, i was super pissed because i thought i relapsed myself but woke up and realized it was just a dream. You’re not alone! Congrats on 20days!!

1 Like

29 days now …maybe no more crazy dreams thanks everybody glad im not alone

1 Like