Dreams of relapsing

Anyone else? Every night I have dreams of using.

2 Likes

I had a few and thwy freaked me out big time. It’s been months since I have had one. Nothing to worry about.

1 Like

I had them too. The good thing is waking up and realizing it was just a nightmare. Just not feeling hungover or ashamed it’s a HUGE relief.

1 Like

Oh man, I’ve been having them a lot since I quit 19 days ago. They are scary and upsetting.

i had them

Had one last night. I drank a big glass of chardonnay in my dream and i woke up in the middle of the night with a dry mouth, and for a second I was scared I was waking up hungover. Thankfully I was sober, but thirsty!

I didnt want to make new topic so I will vent in old one. I’m on 108 day sober from alkohol and last time I had dreams about relapsing was at begining of my journey. Damn I mean in first 2-3 weeks or so. And then last night I was dreaming about almost relapse. I was literelly walking with bootle of wódka in my hand almost all the time. Didn’t drink it tho. It was some wedding I guess. I was to torn apart in between drink and not to drink. Luckly even in this dream I remember that I had thoughts about sober talks community and I was looking support here :sweat_smile: in the end I didn’t drink a single drop. I hope it was only a crazy backflash dream and it is not some omen of incoming cravings. :sweat_smile:

Stay strong and healthy! :muscle::muscle::muscle::hot_pepper:

1 Like

I got on here to see what others have said about dreams. I’m a little over a month and I had one last night. I opened a beer, took a tiny sip, ran to the sink and spit it out. All I kept thinking was resetting my counter and that it tasted horrible. I’ve never been one to remember my dreams but that one sure felt real

1 Like

I have these dreams like…4 nights per week, that I am under the influence and then suddenly everything is a mess with thousands of consequences. It is like a stupid Hangover movie adaptation. :sweat_smile: With a pinch of horror.

2 Likes

last night i had a dream that i was drinking sooooo responsibly, enjoying myself and friends, it was like heaven. i even had a nice meal in between the drinking and was in bed at a regular time. i woke up and thought, WHAT THE F–K. i’m not sure if this is worse than having a typical relapse dream where i get shit faced and wake up in horror at the possibility that it could be reality? :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Yea not to long ago i had some dreams where i picked up a joint or i was drinking 2 40’s liqour and smoking again but i see them as the past as a way to let us know its behind us what was once a reality is nothing but a dream now stay strong brother

Dreams are your subconscious thoughts. I am a huge dream analyst and apparently dreaming about a relapse means that you may be feeling out of control, stressed or overwhelmed during your conscious state. If that is the case for you just take a deep breath and remember this to shall pass. You got this!