Drive to the bar and left

I went to the bar
Work was horrible

I left work crying and feeling so ready to quit

I have been at my job for 8 yrs and am financially in a good place but burnt out and the only bread winner in my family

I drove to the bar and knew it was not a good idea

And left

I came home and cried in My driveway knowing the bar wouldn’t make any of my problems better but still feeling defeated but I’m sober

35 Likes

Good for you doing the right thing stay strong :muscle:

1 Like

You should be so proud of yourself. Thank you for sharing this as many of us can relate (I felt this temptation today too after a very long and draining week). It is comforting knowing I’m not alone in these challenging moments.

I hope you are home safely now and decompressing in a healthy and healing fashion.

3 Likes

Give yourself a pat on the back for making the right decision.

In my early days, when I had a horrible day at work, I would either go to an AA meeting or call a few ladies from the program. Putting it out there, takes all the power away. Thankfully, that obsession to run to a drink during bad times has been lifted and I’m sure the same will happen for you too in time.

Have you considered another job or career path? I worked in a very stressful and toxic environment and knew it would eventually lead me back to alcohol and/or drugs so I changed careers. It was scary but I knew I had to seriously make some changes. Turns out, it was the 2nd best decision I made ( sobriety being the 1st).

3 Likes

Great Job Linds.
Huge victory right there.
Happy you came home and had a good cry too.
When I had cravings like that at night or afternoon/evening, I’d get in a really hot shower and cry it out for about 20 minutes or more. It felt great after.
This shit is hard work.
Proud of you
:pray::heart::hugs:

1 Like

I’m so sorry. I was the sole provider for myself and two kids and had to quit my job the week I got sober. Best decision ever. New job pays about half. Never been better. Sober two years in March. Hope you can find a path forward without this job. Money will work itself out if you stay sober.

4 Likes

Thank you to my beautiful community today on here.

8 made it through my 12th day and it’s now my 13th and I’m SOBER and grateful to didn’t go into that bar !!!

I did (as one you mentioned) go home and cry and took a shower.

The feeling was gone before I knew it and what was left was a small ounce of pure victory

9 Likes

Get in! This is a result and I’m so glad you fought the addiction. I’m sorry that you’re sad, but you’d be waaaayyyy sadder tomorrow if you’d drank.

2 Likes

Good for you. That must have been tough but you made the right choice. Im sure you will make the right choice regarding your job too.

1 Like

Amazing work! I am on day 21 and have done things like that in the last week. Poured myself a glass of wine and then gave it away. Drove to the store to get Kratom and then called my sober friend and turned around. It is not easy but…. Ugh I have cravings at this very moment so any positive thing I say sounds like bullshit. But I’m sure it’s so much better NOT to relapse :weary::weary:

3 Likes

Your day would seem a failure but, at the end, you have had a great success. Congratulations!. Overtake difficulties counts triple in terms of sobriety.

Think in positive, you are sober. Bar will not fix your work problems, just the contrary.

Astonishing victory! Continue!

1 Like