Drunk dreams forever?

I don’t have any desire to drink, even though I’ve been tested…holidays, amirite?? But now I’m having dreams about alcohol, and a specific cocktail, not even one I normally ordered. In the dreams I’m both totally disappointed in myself and yet somehow also relieved. Last night in my dream, I was drunk driving a VERY FAST sleeping bag (yup, I sat in it upright and it had a steering wheel and rode along the ground with no resistance) and it was so scary. I was so glad that I was sober when I woke up, and that I hadn’t ruined my streak. Do these dreams ever go away, or are they like waitress dreams that come back and haunt forever?

4 Likes

This info above helped me to adress my dreams about drinking. In the beginning of my recovery I had them several tims. Now I have more sober days it’s seldom.
I hope this helps you a bit.

Welcome here! :raising_hand_woman:

5 Likes

They do go away and they are quite normal. And yes, they are freaky! Lots of threads on this topic to read thru if you are interested. Do a search on relapse Dreams or simply Dreams. Lots of experiences and info to read on them.

This too shall pass. :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you so much, that’s actually really helpful and makes a lot of sense. :+1:

1 Like

You’re welcome :+1:

Drinking dreams are a pretty common question if you search around. You’re not alone.

They’re really common, especially in the first weeks, but if we stick to the thing they get far fewer and farther between. At least they did for me!

Honestly, I still might have one every year or so. Usually when something is bothering me (as noted in @SoberWalker’s picture actually!). But they do fade.

1 Like