Drunk dreams

Hey everyone,
I’m 104 days sober and lately (in the passed few weeks) I’ve had a few dreams where I’m drinking.
The last one I had was I am at the bar with my friends drinking. In the dream I’m playing out what was a somewhat familiar scenario I would have done prior to sobriety which was going out intending on having “just one”, then pouring copious amounts of mixed drinks plus shots down my throat all the while knowing I don’t want to be doing that.
Ordering more rounds while the little voice in my head is saying "please stop. Why are you doing this?"
I wake up literally panicking after these dreams just pouring sweat and feeling ashamed and disappointed. The weirdest part is that I actually “feel” drunk in the dream. I’m sure this is my brain just fetching a memory of a sensation or something like that, but it’s weird as hell anyway.
Has anyone else experienced this?

2 Likes

I’ve had dreams similar to that but not as vivid. My assumption is that the brain is use to feeling drunk that when not intoxicated it attempts to fill in the gap when possible.

1 Like

Never read too much into dreams. They are your unmanaged mind grinding on something. (When we are awake, we have strange thoughts that get ‘filtered’ and they don’t make it to the surface. When we sleep, there isn’t a filter, so we dream things that we wouldn’t usually spend much time on, but.they.feel.so.real.
To me drunk dreams are a tool. I wake up in a panic bc I think I’ve fallen off. I try to remember that feeling and suffer it.
Best,
Chandler

3 Likes

The most best awesome thing is when I wake up from those dreams and I’m sober and not hungover! I have had many crazy dreams since I quit drinking, I just figure it’s my subconcience trying to remind me things…

I haven’t had dream of getting drunk, but does anyone else have dreams of being hungover?! The worst!

I agree. Every day I wake up not hungover is a gift. It always makes me very, very happy. Then when I talk to someone who is hungover , I feel really had for them.

1 Like

I haven’t had those yet!
That sounds terrible !

Sometimes yeah. Last night I had sex in my dream with a girl shorter in height than me. I get the same dream and same girl all the time… But I enjoy it. I smile after waking up.
I’ve been orgasm free since 176 days. It’s not something I’m abstaining from but I don’t have a gf because I travel alot. So basically it’s a no fap milestone.

Drinking and drug dreams? Not that much. Twice or thrice maybe but I don’t remember them.

Stay strong :point_up:

1 Like

I still have dreams about heroin and meth but more recently since I quit smoking and went to vaping I have dreams about cigarettes…the way I see it is all these things were apart of my life for something like 17 years and having a few months or a couple years isn’t going to erase the long running history I’ve had with these substances out of my sub conscious-It’s been said in the rooms that for a newcomer to think they aren’t going to think about drugs and alcohol within their first couple of years is completely delusional…when replacing something we used for coping or whatever with this new way of life which is uncomfortable anyway it’s almost a natural response to seek what we used to pacify with

1 Like