/e/ OS anyone?

I’ve just replaced my phone and gone with one on the /e/ foundation operating system.

Currently accessing the forum via the web browser as the app isn’t available on the stock app store. I believe I could get it through Aurora but wouldn’t be able to use my Google Play account to get the paid/ ad free version, which I would want.

@robin I don’t know how easy or otherwise it is to make the app available on the /e/ OS, but figure it’s worth an ask. If it’s too much of a pain it’s not an issue as I mainly use the app for the forum anyway, rather than the counter. I do miss my home screen widget though!

Also doing a shout out to see if there is anyone else using the app on /e/ or via the Aurora app store, if there is a workaround that you’ve found!

1 Like

Sober Time is currently only available on the Google Play and Apple App Stores. I’d need to develop a different version to support other app stores, as those stores are integrated into the Android / iOS versions of the app.

How do you like /e/ though?

2 Likes

It’s good. I’m not an open source fundamentalist, but I don’t like the idea of Google and Apple owning everything. I decided to buy a Fairphone and figured if I’m supporting an outsider on the hardware side, why not on the software side too!

The stock applications are decent. I am not a fan of the inbuilt launcher, Bliss, but I’m an Android person and I think its a bit more in line with IOS. So I installed Lawnchair and it does the trick! Am using the Vivaldi browser but either that or the stock keyboard is a bit buggy so I need to try some alternatives. I’m not a tech person so it takes a while to research and find the options, especially as their forum is full of very techy open source people, but I am getting there.

You can get pretty much any app on their app store, I think I could request that they list Sober Time, although only the free version as it doesn’t link to Google Play. I don’t understand that side of it, I just know that Aurora is another app store that works like that.

2 Likes