Each day is my day 1

Just wanted to share what works for me and clear up any confusion. This time around I don’t count my sober days I approach as everyday I wake up it’s day 1. This is the first place I have acknowledged how many days I have. I am very proud of my sober time but it’s easier for me to start fresh each day. People get confused about it in meetings thinking I might of relapsed and some think it’s wrong to not celebrate my milestones but to each their own. Just doing what works in my world :earth_americas:

37 Likes

All we have is today. I see ya brother

5 Likes

What an interesting approach. I can see why it works for you. Congratulations on day 1! :muscle: :grinning:

4 Likes

532 day ones!! Congrats!! :1st_place_medal:

6 Likes

I like it! Keeps the forgetting at bay. I can never forget when I remember Day 1 clearly in all its awfulness.

Nice post; thanks!

5 Likes

I love this…everyday is day 1 :blush:

6 Likes

Living in the present (such a gift! :gift:) is definitely working for you! Congratulations on today and your 532!! Do what works for you!!

5 Likes

You do you my friend — we each have to find what works for us and keeps us on the path of sobriety. Very impressive time and congrats on stacking up all your day 1’s :clap: :muscle:

4 Likes

Such a good read , I think I finally am starting to understand from a different perspective what people mean now when they say one day at a time, and “each day is my day 1” .

Wowza, the amount of times I belittled myself because I was thinking “what’s gonna happen one year from now?!” .

I need to really take this new approach of each day is my day one. I am a big stress drinker , so maybe that’s one of my worry triggers I haven’t really thought about yet.

Gotta live more in the moment. :pray::handshake:

7 Likes

@Cjp @50ber @Pattycake @Lighter @Smkygal @SassyRocks @JazzyS @Drew95 I appreciate all the kind words and the congrats! Thank you all so much…

4 Likes

So glad to read this. When a year came for me, it didn’t seem like a big deal. I didn’t really want to acknowledge that fact, bc I didn’t want other, newcomers mostly, to think it’s not worth celebrating, or that I wasn’t grateful for how far I’ve come.

To this day, I remind myself of the horrors that drinking causes, just as vividly as if it happened yesterday. To me, each day that passes is another day won :wink: and that’s all that really matters.

I do like numbers tho, and 400 yesterday was pretty cool :sunglasses:

4 Likes

400! Nice one @Just_Laura. I think that’s pretty cool too :muscle:

3 Likes

Congratulations on your 400!! That is a cool # indeed!! :partying_face: I also like remembering the horrors of my drinking career…the reality of it. I am grateful to be sober today.

4 Likes

I’ve been sober since 7:30 this morning. A lot of days in a row before this, but I’ve been sober only Since I Awoke.

4 Likes

400 is a very cool number! Congratulations on all those daily victories :raised_hands::muscle:

2 Likes