Early mornings

I remember waking up at five a.m this time of year from drinking too much and being thirsty scraping myself off my bed to go get some water or chug back another can of Canadian.

Now when I wake up in the morning this early it’s because I slept so good the night before and am hungry for the new day.

I used to loathe the early hour because it was only a few hours since I passed out drunk.

I couldn’t stop when the case or six pack was done I’d want more til I actually not be able to drink any more. I was a glutton and a sloth.

I was going to give my body and soul over for the cost of drunkenness and forsake my devotion to God. I abused alcohol instead of calling on the strength and grace of the Lord.

Yes, life on day 89 at five in the morning does me good remembering how far I’ve come in this past three months of being reborn.

Thanks be to God that I picked up that AA book from the free book box that day and read it when I was done kicking myself around with addictions.

I give myself entirely to my Creator to make it thru today and make it to tomorrow sober and safe.

Thanx for listening. I’m Jessica and I’m an alcoholic.

18 Likes

Beautiful! Absolutely Beautiful! Good morning to you and enjoy your day ^.^

2 Likes

:pray:t4::sun_with_face::slightly_smiling_face: aww thank you @CNevarezN and same to you Carlos hope you have a great day :sun_with_face::100::100::pray:t4::slightly_smiling_face::trophy:

1 Like

Hi Jessica, congratulations on your day’s, one day at a time. And thanks for remembering how shitty it felt crawling out of bed each morning and getting together what felt like a shadow, an outer layer with nothing left inside. Only counting and planning the day until the next drink.

2 Likes

Yes totally right @anon74766472 Franzy
It wasn’t a good feeling at all waking up being dead to the world :confounded::tired_face: was the worst part of drinking waking up wide eyed to do damage control :hot_face: high five :raising_hand_woman:t4: Thank you :pray:t4:

1 Like