Early Recovery & Relapse

It’s been a challenging road I did 38 days in county jail then was sentenced to complete inpatient treatment that I successfully graduated on January 12th then got placed in sober living. Things were going really well for me I was getting back in the rooms and rebuilding everything I destroyed in my addiction. It’s been challenging getting used to emotions after being in active addiction for over three years but I was finally coming up to 80 days of sobriety. Then suddenly out of no where for no reason I picked up dope again and overdosed in the sober home. Luckly I didn’t die but now I have created more wreckage and I have 9 days clean today but I’m still extremely angry with myself for messing up it’s frustrating to feel like I let myself and my loved ones down. Where did I go wrong how do I make sure I don’t make the same decision to use again?

3 Likes

I’m very sry… sometimes we relapse but the important thing is to not beat yourself up. Be proud of those 9 days and fight tomorrow. You recognize and see your mistakes but take control of it now so it don’t keep beating you up!! Be smart and strong, you have the ability to arrest this

2 Likes

Good network is important meetings ,sponsor ,lift the phone when things are shaky , wish you well

1 Like

Hey and welcome to the forum.

Only you can answer this question. You say there was no reason. Are you sure? Did you start to believe you had it beat? In order to use, you had to get your DOC into your hands. When and how did you decide to do that? What was leading up to when you picked up that you can change this time?

I am glad you’re here.

1 Like

Hi :raising_hand_woman: welcome, 9 days is amazing.
Try not to let the low feelings keep you back in that place. Your doing well please feel proud for getting straight back to abstinence and now have 9 days :hugs: