Earth, Just Swallow Me Now!

Started over with my day tracking on Sunday, Oct. 3. Went on a binge and made a complete, utter ass of myself in front of family and good friends. Almost made it through a whole week with no relapses or cravings.

2 Likes

Hello! Your relapsed, so what can you do differently this time? To what lengths are you prepared to go to to stay sober.

At this point, getting extra spiritual guidance. I don’t allow myself to carry any cash so I’m not tempted to secretly sneak off to the liquor store after work. Been going to AA meetings for about three weeks now, as well. Baby steps.

3 Likes

All sounds good. Relapses happen, but they dont have too. Next time, if you think you are going to cave…get to a meeting and get as active as you can on here.

1 Like

Welcome William.
This beginning sober shit isn’t easy.
Lots of great reading material around here.
Advice for new comers and constant relapsers

I hope to see you around.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words, Thirdmonkey.

1 Like

Thanks, Dazercat. Man…so true, especially the part about being brutally honest, not just with my family, friends or anyone else I hurt and/or disappointed, but brutally honest with MYSELF.

3 Likes

Somerhing hindsight taught me, so maybe you can learn a little faster than I did
Drinking is a choice. If you choose never to pick up, no matter how bad the craving is, you will never have to fight another battle with alcohol.

3 Likes