Eat sweets, lose weight

Lost 2kg in 2.5 weeks since quitting drinking and am eating sweets non stop!

Just (another) reason that being sober is better than not.

6 Likes

Oh be quiet!! :rofl:

I am not losing ANYTHING after 5.5 months. I did lose about 3 pounds at 1 month but that’s it. I fluctuate up and down 3 more based on how I poop!!! LOL

But I’m healthier and that is all that matters right now.

Congrats on the losing.

7 Likes

Seriously lucky! Ive had to complete cut sweets and everything else out for my autoimmune disease going paleo but i feel 1000% better so that’s awesome 8f i even attempt any garbage i feel it!

2 Likes

If anything it says just how much beer I was drinking and hungover takeaways eating. :grin:

I worked it out and quitting beer is about the equivalent of three full days of calories every single week that Im no longer consuming!

My friend has cut out sugar and says he feels truly amazing for it. Maybe that can be next on my list once I get some good mileage behind me not drinking

3 Likes

I have more energy then ever before i don’t do digar gluten soy and dairy!

4 Likes

I lost 20 pounds pretty quickly after quitting, but gained quite a bit back over the last 2 months. Ugh.

1 Like

I thought I’d have the weight melting off of me, since I was drinking 8-15 beers a day… umm, :-1:t2:
I feel like a fatty McFat f**k👿

I think this is probably what is going to happen to me too.

If it helps, i think my weightloss is more indicative of just how overweight I am rather than anything else. When I quit drinking I was just 1kg off the heaviest Ive ever been.

Lol… I think that is what I needed to hear. It does help! I REALLY don’t need to eat a whole pizza by myself!!!:grin:
I’m going to see a nutritionist, for sure, when I can afford it.
There’s this other test my alternative doc does by taking blood and a hair sample to see what nutrients you’re missing and what food to stay away from. I just can’t believe I let myself get to this weight… I see other women at work who have had 3 kids and look toned like Kelly Rippa. And here I’ve never had kids and it looks like I’m pregnant!:sob::rage:

1 Like

Girl I feeeeel you! When I was at the height of my alcoholism and my alcoholic cirrhosis my stomach was protruding because my liver was SO enlarged. Looked like I was pregnant with an alien or something! As far as nutritients go, try to keep a low salt diet. We crave the sweets and the salts after quitting which is fine, in early recovery EAT WHATEVER YOU WANT! It’s better than drinking! But they should subside after a few months-low salt is key though. Even if it’s as little as taking away table salt you’ll see a difference!

1 Like

Oh my gosh! I didn’t even think of my liver being enlarged! Damn!
Thank you for this advice! Oh giiiirrlll… the salty stuff is all I crave! Shockingly, not the sweets! I’m 8 days sober, so the body could just be holding everything because I’m eating healthy food to avoid looking like I’m pregnant with triplets! :joy:
I also wonder, and this is for all the ladies out there too, if anyone expericed anything different with their monthly cycles? Like, was Aunt Flo late? Worse? Did you bloat more???

1 Like