Encouraged to finally stop

Hi!
My first day
Im sick of feeling the need to drink. Im sick of taking meds, drugs, just because Im seeing friends or need to cheer up. Im sick of destoying my body
My addiction isnt bad but i have never been in place when i feel like having a drink everyday is normal, and sometimes neccery. I want to be present.
I know i still can if i stop now

15 Likes

Wow great work :+1: and a awesome first step ! Good for you. Hopefully you find the forums etc helpful! I fully get what you mean by present too ! I quit for the same reason that and the general feeling like shit in the morning . Let me know if you want to talk about anything! Hope you have a great day!

2 Likes

Thank you sooo much

Welcome Angelina :slight_smile: im truckerJ
Glad to have you on board congrats on your 1st day thats amazing its the day where it all begins thats how i felt when i wanted to quit tough times will come but the good times will motivate you to keep going . You got this :pray:

1 Like

Thank you very much. I rally want to enjoy parties and even alcohol, just not like this. Not wasted every ocasion i have.

1 Like

Of course
How about parties and no alcohol ? Dont mean to be blunt but the culprit behind the wasted occasions is alcohol as addicts to this poison we want to beileve we can have 1 or 2 i learned we dont stop at 1 or 2 we intend to over drink every single time unless you completly put an end to alcohol consumption wasted will be the result for us every time . Take it day by day take your time with it and you will see how much better it is without it at all . :pray:

2 Likes

it’s bad enough to find yourself here. If you are trying to control your drinking then you have already lost control. Could you go out and drink one drink and stop? Could you go a month without alcohol or drugs and not miss it?
once you have answered these honestly you will know what you are and it could well be time to find a way to change this. The substance is never the problem, it’s the solution. We are the problem and it’s time to find a new solution.

1 Like

Welcome Angie. Enjoy the parties without alcohol. You’ll be the one waking up the next morning feeling your best self while the drinkers are miserable and hungover.

2 Likes

Hi I am just back today I was AF for 4 days then had a blip if I can call it that but please believe when I say this group saved me 5days ago and that is why I am back where I do belong with the people who get it good luck on your journey :grinning:

Hi Angie and welcome,
It might not seem that bad, but after you have stopped and reflected I think you will either realise how bad it has been or how bad it was going to get. So congratulations on taking the wonderful decision to stop using and drinking and going down a better route in life. Stick around and keep posting. Use the magnifying glass at the top to find out what other people have thought and done, or just ask. I am sure you will find this site useful. Here are also some resources available to you:
https://talkingsober.com/t/resources-for-our-recovery/52812
Best wishes on your journey! :pray: :heart:

1 Like

You are absolutely right. That is why i need to take a break. When my friend told me: so just dont drink for a month, i was terrified. Thats why i’m trying. It’s wierd to have that fear about anything

1 Like

Haha i know. The satisfaction is huge

1 Like

Welcome, @Angelina1! You can do this!

1 Like