Endorphins and a sense of peace

I quit drinking just over a year ago. I started swimming laps in January. Now I can regularly swim more than a mile.

The endorphins and the sense of peace in the water with the rhythm of the strokes is really quite amazing.

Give yourself the gift of regular exercise.

Have a great day!

23 Likes

That’s brilliant! Exercise makes a huge difference for sure. Good for you! :raised_hands:t2:

3 Likes

Wow!!! Thats impressive. Swimming more than a mile! I can barely swim the length of a pool very well lmao i can agree tho thay exercise is INCREDIBLE fo the endorphins. I actually crave exercise now and is a hige stress reliever in my life :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I need to get back to working out regularly, playing basketball in high school and college really did help my mental space during season. I hope your day is a great one!

4 Likes

Endorphins are pretty awesome. That is pretty freaking impressive swimming!!

Since covid and moving I lost my many times a week fitness class routine and that sucks. Loss of muscle mass…ugh. I am not motivated to work out at home. We moved to a very rural area and no classes within an hours drive. Also super hilly, so my bicycling is way way way down. Plus side, running hills is kicking my ass in a good way … tho some days are a struggle. I hope to up my miles in the cooler weather. I really enjoy busting out the endorphins too. :heart:

3 Likes

That is some serious swimming … a mile wow!!
I find since starting swimming a few months back it has really had a positive impact on my mental health, routine, body image and so much more.
It definitely helps me so much, congratulations on your year+ too :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hi I love your post. I’m coming up on six months sober and I feel like somethings chemically is missing. I love swimming! Did you notice a big difference in the amount of energy you have?

2 Likes

Swimming has brought me increased energy and increased sense of calm. I have more patience on the days I swim.

I teach in a middle school so lots of calm energy is pretty helpful. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Oh my God I am a school teacher too! That’s it I’m gonna start swimming at the health club thank you so much for the inspiration!

2 Likes

Another bonus is great sleep.

I swim 3 mornings a week. I get up at 4 am on those days. So I go to bed early too. Early to bed is fewer hours of managing any thoughts of drinking too. It’s a big win all around.

Enjoy!

3 Likes

I’ve never tried swimming for exercise. That is something I’ll look into. Thanks! Trying to find motivation to get moving to get moving to get moving to get moving. You’ve inspired me to put this on my exercise challenge list. I think you just inspired me to make an exercise challenge list.

3 Likes

I’m going to do it!