Enough is Enough.. Time to say NO!

Hi everyone today is the day I’m saying enough is enough… honestly I need to cut this drinking malarkey out my life now and so I find myself here again writing to you all.

Alcohol is a gate way drug!!! No doubt about it, if I didn’t drink then I wouldn’t smoke and I wouldn’t end up sometimes doing other substances and at the age of 30 I’ve had enough.

A month again I wrote something similar to this, it was the first time reaching out and I knew I needed to change but I don’t think I accepted I needed to change. I binge drink very heavily on the weekend but since I have just had a month off I have been drinking a lot more and I just know I need to change. Anyway after another month of drinking and having the worse hangover anxiety I truly can’t take it anymore.

I’m writing this as I’m looking for support, I will be doing this on my own whilst my husband, my family and my friends continue to drink around me so I feel like this is the best place to talk freely. Today I told my Mum I won’t be drinking when we go out for our family meal next weekend and she was shocked!! Thankfully she understood in the end but I feel this is already going to be a battle.

Today I purchased a book called ‘The Alcohol Experiment’ by Annie Grace which someone suggested to me before. I’m looking forward to diving into that and hopefully having 30 days free of alcohol and more!!

5 Likes

You might also enjoy or be inspired by the book, Quit Like A Woman by Holly Whitaker…It is one of my favorites.

I think many of us can relate to being the only sober one at get togethers. It takes some getting used to, but is kind of like a super power after awhile. :grinning: It especially feels that way the next morning when everyone else is feeling shit and embarrassed. :grinning:

I put this thread together for those of us who have partners who drink…maybe you will find some tips here…

2 Likes

Can u get into the community for supppport your local drug and alcohol services have loads of advice and guidance to get that extra support you will need all the best :maple_leaf::fallen_leaf::pray:it’s not easy but it is worth it

1 Like

Hi Sassyrocks

Thank you for your reply. I will take a look at that book and the thread - thank you! X

1 Like

And support you get I am with you buttercup. It is time for you to say no and listen to the good voice, stay sober my friend.

1 Like

You might also like The Big Book by the AA.
Well worth a read even if like me you don’t actively work the program or believe in God.
Open mind to do anything.

1 Like

Thank you I will look into that book, I don’t know much about AA support but I do believe in God.

1 Like

Thank you so much! It’s great to read such words of encouragement x

This book will help learn about AA. But you don’t have to go that route.
I’m letting you know that the book is an invaluable read in my experience.

2 Likes

Ah fab! I will have a look - thank you

1 Like