Equanimity

7 Likes

I’m searching for balance and the middle path…most addicts like me operate on the pleasure pain aspect…awful or awesome…breathe, relax best you can. LOVE AND LIGHT TO ALL.

7 Likes

Thank you @DHendrix I’m striving for that as well. Have a great day! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

2 Likes

This has been me the majority of my sobriety. Except for that one time when my son almost got hit by a drunk drive while he was crossing the street. I lost my damn Jesus!

1 Like

It ain’t easy…but WORTH IT.

1 Like

Probably one of the first changes I started seeing. Living life one day at a time

3 Likes

2 Likes

So good…I JUST posted homeostasis yesterday!

Scale of life…9s are impossible for me…do now want to endure 1s…looking for a smooth 5.5…odd perspective to some…works for me

Sorry I missed it… solid 3’s for me this week. Lots of cravings, days 30-40 my most frequent resets… hopefully September can be 7’s for both of us.

1 Like

For sure I had some paws…post acute withdrawal at 30 90 and even at a year but they get shorter and further apart and by that time I knew how to cope. Keep truckin…

That is a great word! And something I hope to achieve.

Working on it. 1 year and 7 months here and am finally working on a lot of my issues: anxiety and childhood trauma. My health is forcing me to learn how to not constantly live in a state of fight or flight since I’m not going to get better unless I do. A book that has been very helpful is “The Untethered Soul” by Michael Singer. I recommend it for anyone who needs to calm down that persistent voice in their head. Meditation is also helping me even though my brain is still a busy little thing. With practice, it will get easier.

3 Likes

I haven’t logged into the app in awhile. (I’m still sober) tonight I just found myself in a situation that left my blood boiling. I kept my mouth shut.

As I lay in bed…I thinking about this situation and how I will address it tomorrow…I’m raging pissed. I though hey jump into sober time and reach out or just read and refocus. This post was in my notification…thank you I needed this reminder.

2 Likes

Funny how it can work like that isn’t it. Glad you’re checking in instead of stewing with it alone

2 Likes