Evening / night cravings 😣

Gosh… Evenings/nights are the worst…

How are you guys distracting yourself at this time from thinking of helping yourself to “relax” with wine ?

3 Likes

Thinking of how good I will feel in the morning. Tell myself I love me more than alcohol!

3 Likes

I take it one day at a time. Its crazy sometimes how your mind makes you think you need that drink when you really don’t. Stay strong look at something funny, movie, youtube or something.

2 Likes

Its so hard tonight :sob:

1 Like

Making a mocktail. Lemonade infused with cucumber, club soda and mint! Soooo good!!

2 Likes

I’m on day 5 of detox in a private detox center, have a decaf tea or a hot chocolate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Usually I’ll go for a jog or bike ride after work, but tonight I’m chillen, it’s 528 pm and I’m sitting up in my bed. I sat in silence for about a half our and just thought of everything from the time I was a kid till now. I cried a lil bit and forgave myself for everything and accepted it. In a lil bit I’m goin to do a YouTube meditation and probfall asleep.

5 Likes

I’m really into the idea of identifying specific triggers that may put a person in that frame of mind. Sometimes they go unnoticed and then all of the sudden the craving is there. Has there been extra stress at work? Is it some kind of social pressure? Boredom? I think a lot of times we can overlook these things and miss a good opportunity to diagnose, then redirect our body/mind with something healthier. …also I love the idea that was put up here of making a mocktail or a lemonade. It’s a nice treat when you’re wanting to taste something besides water

I also add lime to my mocktail and have it in a nice glass with a straw!!!

1 Like

First I tell myself not to buy wine. Second I made for each evening so far a master plan. For example I have bought a nice book to read or I plan to make a ride by bike or I think of what to cook for dinner and prepare things. So I try to plan the evening in advance.