Every TV show and movie has liquor

I have a toddler. All I watch is kids shows. No booze there as far as I can tell. But seriously, I can’t watch anymore friggin cartoons

1 Like

I just saw this the other day. It’s phenomenal.

Don’t Worry, He Won’t Get Far on Foot https://g.co/kgs/o8g428

3 Likes

It’s on my list! Thanks for the recommendation!

1 Like

Wait? There’s a crack reference in the movie Cars??? I’m dead :joy:

I’m more concerned with the fact that Larry the Cable Guy voices one of the cars (I think)

He probably sucks in Estonian too

1 Like

It’s not just tv and movies. It’s every restaurant, family holiday dinner, sporting event, wedding, etc etc etc.

It makes me angry that alcohol is not only just so accepted, it’s almost required for everything in our society. It’s like “you’re happy…celebrate with champagne” or “you’re sad…drown your sorrows in a bottle of scotch”. Alcohol is the answer to everything…even boredom. And if you don’t want to partake be prepared for the “why?”.

But with time you start to recognize it for what it is and you don’t WANT to participate. Why do something just because it is what everyone else is doing?? Me, I’m gonna toast my daughter’s weddings with ginger ale!!

2 Likes

The new Dark Crystal series on Netflix has, what I interpreted as, a bar fight. I wanna say it’s episode 3…:rofl:

I was noticing this the other day as well. If you watch any kind of TV the normalization of alcohol is astounding. Makes me crave too. So I’ve started watching a lot of the Zoo shows on Nat Geo. No drinking there and super cute animals. Stay strong. :blush:

1 Like

Patrick Melrose, (a mini series based on the author’s, Edward St Aubyn, real life) was very good.

1 Like

I know and it’s crazy! I saw a commercial for beer the other day that infuriated me!! The guy was drinking a beer in the shower!!! Soooo not cool. The next one showed a girl taking her bra off and flinging it across the room!! Sad

All of my favorite tv shows are of these glamorous, head strong professionals who drink whiskey and martinis daily. All while solving million dollar problems. Lol they sure do have a way of suggestive programming to keep you craving for your vices. I don’t let it trigger me anymore.

Huh, I used to do that.

2 Likes

Dont forget the beer for saturday mornings one. I dont really have a problem with the shower one, it’s like wine in a bath just waaaayyy less romantic or elegant…

2 Likes

I once watched a you tube clip on how to stop drinking and the bloke had empty beer bottles on a shelf behind him. it wasn’t very inspirational, I spent the whole video trying to read what was in them, I haven’t got a clue what he said. Alcohol is everywhere, you wait till Xmas…

I’m skipping TV & news for now…it brings me down and I don’t need that now. Maybe spend some time reading? Russell Brands book recovery is good, This Naked Mind is next for me. Music is healing too. If none of those are attractive perhaps a podcast on recovery?? Anything to break your thoughts.

2 Likes

I did everyday.

Very true. And it extends into my professional life with sales conferences. Lots of drinking there.

1 Like

Not me. But that’s mostly bc I didn’t shower for months at a time during the end of my addiction :joy:

I was getting to not showering daily and that’s very off for me.