Everything is going to shit!

So I can’t work because of my mental health but we are struggling financially bad! Like sometimes don’t have food bad. On top of that my aunt has cancer in El Salvador so my aunt that lives with me and my mom had to leave for 2 weeks to help her get what she needs. Now we just found out that we ran out of money in El Salvador and that my aunt is getting worse because we can’t get her the medication that she needs because we don’t have the money. So on top of that my aunt will have to stay another week in El Salvador.

The problem with my aunt being in El Salvador is that she takes care of my grandma here in Texas who as Alzheimer’s. So since she is in El Salvador my mom is having to miss work to stay and take care of my grandma.

Just a lot of bad shit is happening and nothing seems to go good. I’m very angry at God right now.

You know being anger at GOD is like trying to knock out the wind.
Stick close to your higher power.
And I have lived in Texas homeless and know that they offer plenty of support just look around.

I have support here in Texas but don’t have support in El Salvador

You can only control those thing that are within your reach. And even then you still have to sweat

El Salvador is my reach. There my fucking family who depend on our finances here to continue living there because the are to sick and poor to work.

Do not be angry at God, you respect him him 100%… more than your own mother.

go get a gig for jobs if you cant have a solid job. Some gigs pay well! Sorry to hear everything seems like its going to shit, all your answers can be answered if you just ask.

1 Like

Hey @Longhorn I think this can help shine some light. It’s the Just For Today, NA Daily Reflection…

Just For Today
January 11
Faith

“As we develop faith in our daily lives, we find that our Higher Power supplies us with the strength and guidance that we need”

Basic Text, p. 91

Some of us come into recovery very frightened and insecure. We feel weak and alone. We are uncertain of our direction and don’t know where to go for answers. We are told that if we find some faith in a Power greater than ourselves, we will find security and guidance. We want that feeling of safety and strength. But faith doesn’t come overnight. It takes time and effort to grow.

The seed is planted when we ask our Higher Power for help and then acknowledge the source of our help when it comes. We nurture the tiny seed of faith with the sunlight of our prayers each day. Our faith grows, a reward for living life on its own terms. One day we realize our faith has become like a huge spreading tree; it doesn’t stop the storms of life, but we know that we are safe in its shelter.

Just for Today: I know that faith in my Higher Power will not calm the storms of life, but it will calm my heart. I will let my faith shelter me in times of trouble.

2 Likes

Thanks @Mitchell_Winsor how you been?

No worries brother, I’ve been good. Day 70 today, still hanging in there! Keep strong buddy. There will always be uncontrollable circumstances for us. We do what we can and leave the rest up to faith :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sometimes we have to throw rocks at the sky. I’m sorry you’re going through this and I understand the pain. It’s okay to feel your feelings and be angry. I hope things get better soon. :heart:

1 Like

Yeah But you just said that you are on fixed income so your reach to give them a hand is limited. and you would have to ask more from those of your family here in the states. that hard

I’m sorry you and your family are going through this. You’ll be in my thoughts.