Ex self harmer

Hey everybody
I thought I would share a story I used to self harm myself off and on since I was 15 up until I was 36 I’m 37 now going on 38 I used to cut myself to numb my emotion pain and I have been in sobriety for 16 months as of May 12th almost a year in half I had so many close calls but I was able to get threw it and it was hard I was going threw an abusive relationship someone I was with for 8 years and he was physically mentally and emotionally abusive towards me and he was mean to our dogs and everything but I’m doing better now since I been away for almost a year and half he was even bothering me after we broke up but now I’m with a better person and we’re enaged to be married I’m going 4 years of being a advocate at my job plus a art teacher threw the community I was so ready to give up on life but I made it cause I had a support team and god seen me threw it and I had to push myself to get threw this but I’m so glad I did it and I’m glad to be Sharing my story with you all and everything too

9 Likes

Your strength is incredible, So happy that you have found your calling through art and your sobriety :smiley:

Thank you so much that realty means a lot to me

Respect! It take courage to share a story, especially so open. I wish I had the courage!

Thank you for sharing. your story reminds me that it is possible to overcome SH. TNX!

Thank you so much that means a lot

1 Like