Excuse my scream

Going on day 9 of no smoking and for some reason my fuss is getting shorter. Lol. Today things got to me so I just screamed. Like a crazy person! :joy: It felt really good too. Thank goodness we don’t have close neighbors :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

11 Likes

I’ve got just the thread for you! Such a merry band. :joy:

4 Likes

I tend to keep things bottled up, maybe I should try your approach. Whatever works right? Congratulations on day 9!

1 Like

Bahahaha! Lord, let me get to reading and join my people :joy:

1 Like

Lol. It was a big release :wink:

I remember in the first lock down it was a thing for people howl like a wolf at a certain time in the evening. It was awesome hearing and doing that it helped release stress and it felt tribal! I’m here I’m alive…hear me!
Bye for now…

1 Like

Screaming is healthy, we dont get to do it enough.

3 Likes

I banged my front door into my face a few weeks ago. In a split-second decision, I embraced the loud, rolling F-bomb that erupted with every fiber of my being.

It felt good to let it out even if all my new neighbors probably now think I’m a murderer.

5 Likes

bhahahahaha. Thats the bomb!

1 Like

I’m now a firm believer in it! :rofl:

1 Like

Sometimes that is what we need though, right? I know there have been so many times when I could have benefited from a good, long scream. I never have done that, though. I’m sure it was pretty therapeutic, I wish I could follow your example sometimes, as weird as that sounds. lol

1 Like

It reminded me of a toddler that just has to let it out but then they move on. Lol. We should be more like kids :wink:

1 Like

You know, a lot of damage can be wrought on the psyche by suppressed anger and frustration and sorrow (says the person who suppresses said emotions, like, ALL THE TIME). hahaha

2 Likes

Lol :raising_hand_woman: Same here

1 Like

Yay healthy coping skills!

1 Like

It’s a good job libraries aren’t open too. I did that once. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: Apparently it is frowned upon and can actually increase stress in the short term. :thinking:

2 Likes

Crazy rules! :triumph::joy:

2 Likes

How’s it going smoke free? I’m cold turkey 40 hours in. Does it get worse? I smoked a pack a day for 20 years

1 Like

Congrats Blake!

40 hours is an awesome break through! I smoked for 27 years and have been quit since August 20, 2020.

The first month is your most shaky time in my opinion. Your mind will play games in moments of stress or any heightened emotion…you have to shake it off. I walk, and walk…and walk. I come on forums like this or Quit Now and chat with folks who understand the struggle.

Blake, you can do this…you just have to want it, and be willing to fight for it. By month two I wasn’t really thinking about at all, by month three I began feeling strong in my quit.

Cold Turkey was best for me…NRT only kept me in a loop, but everyone is different.

Whatever you do don’t give up or give in! You are stronger than you know!

If you ever wanna chat drop me a line!

Blessings to you!

:blush::raised_hands:t2::ocean::sun_with_face::dizzy:

2 Likes

Whew. 51 hours. really it seems 3 hours in the day is rough. Then it fizzles out quickly and I gain momentum and positive feelings. I fell like my chest is light. And my smell and taste is really strong. It’s great. I’m coming out of my fog. Thanks for your words.

2 Likes