Excuse not to drink?

I’d probably just be making up an excuse not to go at all. You said you don’t know them that well and they’re taking plenty of booze. I wouldn’t even bother putting myself in that position right now.

1 Like

Just say “I don’t drink” then watch them get sloppy and annoying then watch them have hangovers the next day…
Or don’t go

2 Likes

Optional:

I don’t drink
Never? No, never.

I’ve had enough!

I am the driver.

Or if you want big eyes:
I don’t drink I had a drinking problem.

And if people would say for 2nd or 3rd time “ahhh just one glass”… I would quit the conversation.

1 Like

My answer to:“Why not?” is :“I am not good at it” :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I tell people I’m allergic to alcohol

1 Like

I just say “If I have 1 drink I turn into a different person and that person drinks alot.”

1 Like

I was in a pub for the first time in ages a couple of weeks ago.

The barman (very jokingly) asked if i really wanted a lemonade.

I just replied “yeah im an utter twat after a couple of beers”.

A bit later he came back to me and apologised and said he was three years sober.

2 Likes

I haven’t been around social settings where there’s lots of booze. Only my hubby and adult children who drink, they automatically know not to offer because I’ve made my stance clear. To be honest I think if I was going to be around a drinking crowd I’d rather be straight up and say nope I don’t drink alcohol so none for me please, thankyou.

2 Likes

When I’m with someone I just say no or showing my boundaries.
If I’m alone I just deeply breathe and try to calm down myself with self-care. Sometimes for me as well work to drink non alcoholic drinks.

1 Like