Excuses...when does tomorrow come?

Every time I try to quit, I tell myself ‘not today’, or ‘let me finish the bottle first’. It’s as if I tell myself sure, you can stop *; literally as if the thought comes with an asterisk. ‘I don’t want to waste money’ I tell myself…even now. Even as I think about how to quit, I tell myself I can do it for a couple of weeks…without even stopping I set a date to start up again. My life has been pretty fxcked, overall…with my crippling anxiety and a myriad of health issues, I just can’t imagine giving up my escape. Here’s the catch; I weigh 350 lbs. That figure is TERRIBLE. My body got so large, and I tell myself I’m dieting yet I go through half a gallon of bourbon in a day. So much sugar, that no amount of salads can fix. I tell myself I’m eating less, but in reality I’m just drinking my calories. And don’t get me started on the soda…gotta have chaser, right?

I don’t even sleep with my woman anymore. I lay on the floor while my stomach churns, mind racing. I don’t know when I’m gonna go sober, but…I’m here. I want to. If anyone has any suggestions, tips, guidance…My name is DJ and I am addicted to sugar and bourbon. If I don’t stop I’ll die, but being a suicidal individual, that just doesn’t motivate me. I’m here for a reason. I’ll take any help I can get. Right now I’ve got a bottle mixed with bourbon and everclear…one 2 liter of RC left. When this runs out, I’m gonna…I’m not gonna buy more. That’s step 1, right?

6 Likes

Hi and a warm welcome,your in the right place my first bit of advice and please take it seriously is don’t try to stop anything,get yourself to your local doctors and explain what you just wrote after that they will pass you over to drug and alcohol support service they have so much information,and from there you can plan your next step ,but please I urge you not to just stop .stick around this community is priceless for your recovery.

3 Likes

Decide with your whole being to stop drinking,look at yourself right now and you will remember how bad it is for you right now… today…Get help from a doc for withdrawals,get to a meeting and get support,:pray:

4 Likes

Don’t think about the future or the past.
Just don’t drink today.
Stay sober today.
As you get more today’s in other things will start to happen.

4 Likes

I remember being there and now I’m here. One day at a time. You gotta want it, you have to want it more than anything. Admit you’re fucking powerless to booze. Go to a doctor if you feel you need medication to detox or better yet check yourself in to rehab if you can. Hit up a meeting, listen to podcasts, read or listen to books about quitting drinking.

The strongest, bravest people I know are recovering addicts. You’re in a good starting place if you seriously want help.

4 Likes

I am glad you are here. It will be hard, but will mean so much when you accept it controls you. Once that happens, you are on the right path.

2 Likes

Welcome here! if you have been on drinking and sugar regularly and long time and your health is compromised. Witch is only you or your wife maybe can decide I agree on previous tips to seek medical support on short notice to help you and monitor you on withdrawl. I am a sugar junkie aswell and it does havoc on your brain and body. You have come to the right place and made a brave step in admitting. sometimes the hardest step… keep committing to a healtier body and mind every day. it only happens today

2 Likes

Welcome to forums!

Congratz on seeking for help! :clap:It’s really difficult step and it requires a lot of strenght already. Sadly not all ppl with problems can do it on time. I’m sure that everyone who is reaching for help and support is STRONG enough to make a changes.:muscle::muscle::muscle:

2 Likes

heyy
i would say just make a appointment with your primary care and ask the doc all the questions in the world because his answers and tips will lift a world off your sholders.

health is super important. you asked for tips and a bit of advice. now its time to set a goal. the 1st step is to get that primary care appointment.

in the mean time while you wait for your appointment, check out an aa meeting. you can find a meeting near you right online. i loove aa. it wont dissapoint you.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. There’s tons of great advice with amazing people. You’re in a safe, judgement free place now. I suggest checking out this thread, it has great information to get started.
New start…new me

Also, join us on the check in thread. It’s a great form of accountability. Here’s the link:
Checking in daily to maintain focus #9

1 Like

Cocentrate on one thing at a time. your trying to deal with all your issues at once and that can become overwhelming. you cant lose weight , stop drinking and stop sugar at once . . so start with stop drinking for your first year. you need to commit to it believe in yourself

1 Like