Checking in daily to maintain focus #9

A continuation from checking in #8 (that had reached its maximum posts)

Link to the last post in #8 :point_down:

20 Likes

Checking in!!! Happy wonderful Friday!!

8 Likes

:hugs: Happy Friday! :hugs:

29 Likes

27 Likes

Back on Day 5. My last relapse was half-assed. Even while drinking beers at night, my ā€œSober voiceā€, kept telling me how pointless alcohol is, even for normies. Also, I continuously read the forum. I have been thinking a lot about how society has taught us to celebrate occasions with things that are bad for us. New Year? Drink. Birthday? Drink AND shove in some processed sugar. Etc, ad nauseam.

Reflections on turning 51 this last week:

1. If it doesnā€™t serve me, it has no place in my life.
  2. Itā€™s far easier to NOT practice #1
  3. Practice #1

Meditation has helped me so much in my mindset. I am still working on mindfulness. That said, I am mindful of not being mindful. :rofl:

35 Likes

@anon60334405 not good with my words yet either, yours mean a lot to me. Thank you!

1 Like

@Desire2ChangeToday wow you go at 216 days! Well done and doing ā€¦

1 Like

Hey I fibbed today is day 25šŸ˜‚, wow 5 more days is gonna be a month. Not going to lie its going pretty fast

25 Likes

Still going strong and it feels great!

9 Likes

23 days and 16 hours ā€¦ na meeting later. Work todayā€¦ pretty calm and togetherā€¦have been feeling like excited, maybe itā€™s joy?..:pray::sparkles::dizzy:

22 Likes

8 months sober today :grin: :tada: :partying_face:

33 Likes

Well done Darren!!!

1 Like

Whereā€™s the counter screenshot dude??? :sweat_smile::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Congratulations on 8 months!! :+1::kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Congrats on 8 months Darren!!!

2 Likes

Day 41, happy sobriety everybody.

21 Likes

Fantastic!!! Congrats :star_struck:

1 Like

Checking in after PTSD ā€œtherapyā€
Feeling a bit better. Felt good to cry, and I cried a lot.

Therapy is in quotes because Iā€™m still going through assessment and there is a team working on me. Makes me feel a little extra effed up, but whatever. I appreciate the hard work.

Iā€™m still feeling weak on the drinking front and overwhelmed with anxiety and despair. However, Iā€™ll check in here often. I canā€™t even say that I donā€™t want to fail, but dumb bitch Brittany wants out :flushed::sob:

21 Likes

Checking in with a short eulogy of my beloved koga hybrid bike which was stolen today in front of the gym. Got to enjoy it for just over 2 years, paid for with money I saved by quitting smoking. This is Amsterdam and it happens a lot, I donā€™t know how many were stolen of me through the years, still it makes me sad and mad :sob: :rage:
Two positives: It actually is insured for theft so I might end up with a new one I donā€™t have to pay for (even though itā€™s not easy getting your money). And secondly only after getting home a thought of drinking entered my mind, and then only as an afterthought. No craving at all. No wish to go to the bar or get a bottle of booze at the liquor store. Not at all.
@bikethief This better not be your work! @DarrenUK excellent work, congrats! @Girlinterrupted Keep fighting and keep your sobriety. Will miss you bike. Excellent craftsmanship. Lovely ride. Bye.

23 Likes

Awwww man, that sucks. Way to stay positive though!! :star_struck:
Andā€¦ fighting the best I can. Thank you :hugs:

3 Likes

On day 54. Iā€™ve finally got to the point where Iā€™ve decided Iā€™m done. No more mind games, Iā€™m on it.

My Korean is going well 18 percent complete in 21 days. Now to become fluent.

Wonders of not drinking

15 Likes