Extreme Alcoholism

I didn’t know that. What I experienced felt real. It was only when the Police told me that Armed Response had not been seiging my flat for over 8 hours, that I started to wonder if I had been hallucinating. I could see people with knives, I could hear them speak, I could see the 40 foot Police step ladder outside my window, that had been sent to save my life from the hoardes of attackers that I had gallantly fought of using nothing but my bare hands. Horrible experience! I wouldnt wish it in my worst enemy. Dreadful

1 Like

Sounds terrifying mate. On the plus side as long as you don’t pick up a drink you’ll never have to experience it again!

1 Like

Yup…keep counting forward and never go backwards.

Usually DTs happen in the first 14 days. If you’re at 28 days now, you have made significant progress

I suppose if you wanted to prevent the DTs, there is cbd oil that is beneficial to brain health and is not psychoactive, it will help ward off seizures.

Find something inoculous to drink that isn’t bad for you, that mimics an adult beverage, such as seltzer water.

You can do this! We are here for each other. That’s the best way to maintain our strength.