Facing the demons

Some of you may know that I’ve been trying to deal with negative emoations especially my anger. My anger towards specific family members and people I know. I want to clear the air about this. I’m angry at those people because they abused emotionally, sexualy, and physically my whole childhood and into my early adulthood. I’m angry because I feel helpless that I can’t fight back and that they were never punished for their transgressions. I hate that I can’t do anything without other family member shunning me or twisting it back on me as if it is my fault. You may think so what? Just ignore them and get out. Let me tell you its not easy. I don’t want people to think that my anger is misplaced because it isn’t. I’m trying to accept the past and move on, but I’m struggling because I’m constantly facing my demons and there is no escape. There is no release. I try to keep my interactions with them to a minimum, but the fact that they can be so two faced and manipulating makes me sick especially when other believe them and not me.

8 Likes

@Cottontail I would never ever think “so what”… I’m sorry that you’ve gone through such shit, I have childhood trauma as well and never take things like that lightly. You’re safe here to scream, cuss, yell, lose your shit it’s all good. This is the place where it’s safe to do all of the above and let that shit out. Sorry you’re going through so much. Me and many others are totally here for you anytime!!! Thank you for opening up and sharing your story!!! :sunglasses::metal:t2:

4 Likes

@Rockstar24777 I really appreciate the support and you don’t have to be sorry. I just wanted to unload here instead of turning to my D.O.C. I’ve already relapsed and had to reset my timer which sucked because I was at almost 8 months. I’m currently 7 days clean and its just been a rough week.

3 Likes

I tried once. The dude just told me to get over it. Never wanted to go back or try again.

1 Like

You’re more than welcome and congrats on 7 days!!! Proud of you for pushing through and getting clean and sober again that’s huge!!! F**k yeah :sunglasses::metal:t2:

1 Like

Dudes obviously a huge POS in my opinion, that’s not how it’s supposed to be. I hope that if you feel you want to try again you’ll find someone worthy of your time and trust. That really pisses me off.

2 Likes

Hi cottontail. I’m glad you can here instead of turning to your DOC, that takes strength. I would definitely try again with the therapist, when you find the right one it’s amazing how much more at peace working through things can make you. Families are hard! I wish you peace my friend. We’re here to listen anytime :pray:t2::two_hearts:

2 Likes