***Fantastic*** Food Contest

The name says it all! But to keep things fathomably wonderful yet creative, there are a few rules:

Rules

1. Ingredients must be available at typical grocery stores (you can imagine your local one as a guide), not just anything that could conceivably exist. No tree frog biceps.
  2. Ingredients must be sold as food at the above grocery store. No Tide Pods.
  3. It’s way better if you tell us more about it. Do you flambé the sardines before putting them into the burrito, or purée them? Both? Is it best served at a beach bash, or a first date?

Don’t disappoint me, comrades.

1 Like

This from @AyBee on another thread is a great example, and gave me the idea. Props!

4 Likes

I thought you said it was supposed to be gross?

1 Like

Black olives, stuffed with Cheese Whiz and wasabi, along with soft well-steamed kale and a cream of wheat sauce between two slices of toasted sourdough. Best enjoyed at a picnic in the park with freshly squeezed banana juice, spiced with nutmeg and paprika.

2 Likes

Oops! I’ll fix the title!

1 Like

Now this one is already famous, but so popular and simple to make, it simply has to be mentioned.

Just fabulous! Wondrous indeed! That magic ingredient just makes it on a whole new level above other pizzas!

3 Likes

Disappointment-pizza!

2 Likes

For extra protein after a workout, put your eggs over easy into the blender with soft tofu and plenty of cocoa powder. For those of you who really want to cram the last grams of protein in there, top it with cottage cheese after blending!

The oysters alone are enough to make me gag.

I LOVE seafood, but I have never understood the love oysters get. A hunk of cold, salty snot with a bit of hot sauce. Sign me up…right.

Despite my love of seafood, I also get 0 enjoyment from lobster…which it seems people think is like the steak of the sea…and living where I live, we have some of the best. I don’t find it repulsive like I do oysters, but I don’t like it…but the dousing it in butter part is gross. Plus all the work and mess that goes into eating it.

Anyhow…thats my tangent for today.

3 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

I’ll eat anything that actually swims…but in general, crustaceans and mollusks are not my thing (although I do like clams, mussels) I am always open to try any I haven’t tried yet, though!

1 Like

I’m the same with raw oysters too. I’ve tried, but not my thing. Smoked oysters, however, sure :yum:
I used to be mortified watching my family eat lobster at my grandfather’s that he caught fresh from the ocean. Stinky, messy, barbaric… :joy: but I must admit over the years, it’s grown on me, so much that I love it now. I can see how folks might be turned off it for sure!

I have never eaten this so I guess I shouldn’t judge. But WHY? Who thought it was a good idea?

3 Likes

2 Likes

Anything can be fantastic when you are homeless and starving, just FYI

3 Likes

I’ve got the perfect marketing campaign: “Did you do your Koegel’s today?”

5 Likes

OMG now I know what to make when my grandparents come over! :yum:

here we go again :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

I order pineapple, jalapeno and anchovie pizza all the time. Its delicious.

1 Like