Fatigue every day?

I’m working on day 11 here, and the last three or four day I’ve experienced crushing fatigue in the afternoons. I can’t get through the day without a nap. Only on my worst hangover days did I have to sleep in the afternoon, and even then that had more to do with escaping physical pain than being genuinely tired. Does it get better? I’m chalking it up to my body healing. My sleep had always kind of sucked, I don’t notice many changes there. Yawn

I was sooo tired at that point! It got better eventually and my body regulated itself.

1 Like

Sounds a bit like Post Acute Withdrawal Syndrome - PAWS. Your body is readjusting and all of a sudden isn’t getting the regular sugar supply from alcohol it once had.

I get fatigued even now and nearly 5 months sober. It does get better over time and it’s about 1 in every 10 days now. Eat healthy, lots of green and red veg helps your energy and perhaps take some iron supplements.

Stay strong, it does get better and your sleep will definitely improve.

2 Likes

I agree completely with Daithi. Definitely PAWS. If you haven’t done so, please research it…just try to stay awake first:):smile:

2 Likes

Hey! I’m not a syndrome!! :slightly_smiling_face:

(see my avatar)

2 Likes

Syndrome? No. Ass kicking Sobriety Warrior, INDEED! :rofl:

PAWS makes perfect sense now that I’ve researched it. I’m honestly surprised though, I only thought that kind of thing could happen in the most extreme case of addiction. As it is I’ve been eating chocolate like a mad woman- and feeling fatigued, moody, sometimes extremely anxious. I guess this process just takes time- there’s no other way around that.

3 Likes

Nope, it can happen us all. I wasn’t a daily drinker but drank 2-4 days a week usually. Hit me quite hard at the start but my last session was the mother of all sessions.

I still get the fatigue but it isn’t as often and passes much quicker now. Look after yourself.

2 Likes

I’m on day five without a sip of alcohol. I haven’t went a day without in about seven years. I am also experiencing the same thing. Glad you posted cause I was starting to worry. I am overwhelmingly tired during the day. I’ve also been feeling dizzy and extremely hot. Don’t know if that’s normal. I feel ya though.

4 Likes

Me too ;( it sucks. Day 7 for me and take naps like my 63 year old parents. :frowning:

According to the data shared in rehabs I’ve been in withdrawal symptoms for alcohol can last up to 6 months. That’s the good news, as those recovering from opiods and other drugs can be up to 2 years. So this is perfectly normal. The part I like about sleeping now is going to sleep and waking up, not passing out and coming to.

2 Likes

I experienced extreme fatigue for about 6 months straight after I quit drinking. Went to the doc, did a bunch of tests, nothing abnormal.
The fog didn’t lift until month 7. I’m sorry if that scares the shit out of you, but don’t feel like there’s something wrong with you. It’s normal unfortunately.
I exercise regularly now, take herbal liver supplements, drink lots of water, get lots of sleep and I have more energy than I can ever remember having in my entire life. I still eat a lot of junk food, that’s my next vice to kick. BUT after the 6 months of feeling like a zombie and fighting the urge to drink it away, I can say the struggle was 100% worth it.
I’ve had a few opportunities when I could’ve gotten completely shitfaced and no one would’ve known but me- but I’m feeling so great that the risk of resetting back to zombie mode (all the other addiction stuff aside) has been enough to keep me sober.
Good luck friend!

1 Like