Fatigue - Yay or Nay?

Thank you so much for your reply, so much of what you described sounds really familiar. I’m sorry you’ve gone through this too :heart:

You know, you got me thinking about potential times when something changed, and the whole time I’ve been trying to find a physical reason for my massive decline in energy. I think I know roughly when it began now, and it’s not physical at all :woman_facepalming:

I’ve finally given in, I will start counseling. I’m going to make an appointment. My mom died very suddenly in 2014, I had to be there night and day for my Dad. I was so afraid he would crack after losing her, I never even started to grieve properly. I’m fairly certain her death caused PTSD and I think I have grief disorder. Just when Dad was starting to look like he could cope, he found out he had stage 4 lung cancer. I took care of him and moved him in with me until he passed too. Both of my parents died at the age of 62, and I can tell you - I have a very poor outlook on life and my own life expectancy because of it.

Jenny, I’m glad your life has become more manageable now. You’re a lovely person, thank you for taking the time to reply to me. You’ve literally shined a big spot light on something I’ve missed for years. I’m very grateful :heart::rose:

5 Likes

Oh wow, that is really tough. I think you must have huge amounts of grief still unprocessed as it all sounds so traumatic. I am so sorry you went through all of that.

I am really glad I was able to help in some ways. I hope you can find a way through all this and start to heal.

2 Likes

13th day sober. Major issue getting to sleep last night. Felt good at 7am but now noon my body says nap. I am so glad I have had the opportunity to experience a total chaotic sleep schedule all in the name of permanent sobriety but now is the time for a calm healthy sleep pattern to arise from the chaos.:yawning_face::sleeping::relieved:

3 Likes

I’ve been exhausted ever since maybe the second week after I quit 20 days ago. The first week my brain was so out of whack I had energy and couldn’t sleep. It was doing weird things. Now it’s like all I want to do is lay down. Simple things like going to the store wear me out mentally and physically.

Hopefully it’ll pass at some point. I guess this is what years of substance abuse does to you.

2 Likes

Agree! I believe we are feeling what happens to us when we eliminate substances running our life and thinking for us. Controlling one”s own actions and making decisions is a full time job and exhausting. Ha

I plan to just shut my eyes for only a few minutes as my chores will not get done without me.

Have a restful day.

2 Likes

I never thought about it like that. I’d always have a couple beers before cutting the grass. It made me say f it, let’s go get it done. The heat didn’t bother me, I didn’t care about much. I’d wave at neighbors I never talk to. Now it’s like, let me work up the energy to do this, and I hope no neighbors are outside.

I guess it takes time for the body to learn how to function again without a drink. Being tired and achy all the time is annoying.

2 Likes