Favorite quotes on staying sober/change?

Just wondering what some of your favorite quotes are that keep the motivation going? Could be about change, sobriety, or just inspirational words of any kind. Fire away!

Wow, I’ve never heard that one. I love it! Thank you for sharing :blush:

1 Like

Stealing a couple I’ve picked up around here. “Hitting bottom is when the situation deteriorates faster than you can lower your standards.” This one helped me realize how much I had been continually expecting less out of life and myself instead of seeking more.

And @Yoda-Stevie’s constant reminder that getting sober is about getting better at getting better, everyday. :muscle:

8 Likes

“If you do what you’ve always done, you will get what you’ve always gotten”

7 Likes

Another day won is always better than another day one.

5 Likes

I have a goals book I started and I write in it every night and at the top of the page I write every single night “None of this works unless your sober”. I look at all I want and desire to become nightly and remind myself if I drink it all goes out the window. Cause it does for me. Simple and effective thus far :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Stop pouring cancer causing, addictive poison down your throat…

3 Likes

I like that idea, and I think I am going to try it out. Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have heard it said in many ways, but the concept is still the same: “There are no bad people, just good people who have made a bad choices. They are human. It’s how you move forward that makes you a better person.”

5 Likes