Favorite so-bad-it's-good movie?

What’s your go-to movie that’s so bad, so tacky, so ridiculous that it transcends it’s terribleness and becomes it’s own kind of amazing?

Mine is “Earth Girls are Easy”. It’s a like, totally bitchin movie from the 80s starring Jeff Goldblum, Jim Carrey, and Damon Wayans as aliens that come to earth searching for “babes” and manage to crash land into Gina Davis’ pool (mission accomplished I’d say). It’s full of super cheesy 80s fashion, hilarious one liners, extremely dated special effects, and a makeover scene that was single handedly responsible for creating a hard-core crush on Jeff Goldblum for 7-year-old Tess (30 years later and that crush is still going strong!) No matter how bad of a mood I’m in, I can turn this on and it’ll make me smile.

Your turn!

9 Likes

8 Likes

4 Likes

Totally forgot about that movie! Classic!

1 Like

Howard the Duck!

4 Likes

Yes! Another classic that I forgot about!

Step Bothers. It’s just so goofy and corny but I love it.

5 Likes

d63f23cc7bc5c84d0c4abf7f55f2f7e7

This movie just makes me laugh way to much and is so dumb and I am ashamed but I love it! :rofl::joy:

8 Likes

YES!!! Own it, love it, watched it 100+ times. Lowkey classic crush on David Duchovny bc of XFiles.

2 Likes

One I’ve loved since I saw it in the theaters, and bought as soon as it was released, Napoleon Dynamite. Super corny, super funny. Jamiroquai sealed the deal for me on that one.

5 Likes

Also a good reminder to not drink :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

10 Likes

Sharknado, I still can’t believe they made it. And it has follow ups!!

3 Likes

classic :grin::grin:

The only Christmas movie I watch every year!

1 Like

My stepson was super into this one when it came out :blush:

Yes! It was playing at a bar I went to (pre-sober days). My husband and I came into it about halfway through and were like…what. the actual. fuck. is going on right now :joy:

1 Like

Oh, but don’t forget this classic!

images

8 Likes

Sada Tay

5 Likes

I’ll have to check out that Earth Girls Are Easy. I’ve heard the name but no idea what it’s about.

One of ours is the Wedding Singer.
Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore. Our kids watched it and a lot of other Adam Sandler movies over and over and over when they were young. Always thought Wedding Singer was so stupid but now wifey and I just adore it. Oh and Billy Idol :heart::heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Space Mutiny, alongside the witty commentary of the RiffTrax/MST3k crew.

1 Like