Favorite Stories from the Big Book

What are your favorite stories to read from the Big Book? Which stories can you all relate too the most?

I love reading through all of the stories our text offers us. They are all so relatable in very definite ways even when particular stories and details differ so far from mine. Curious to see which ones you all find yourselves reading the most!

i like the story that has the line “normal people change their behaviors to meet their goals and alcoholics change their goals to meet their behaviors. “

4 Likes

The story The Missing Link was the most relatable for me. I knew exactly how he felt. I underlined so many sentences in that story. Its the one I go back to over and over. I also like the story of the Native American woman. I forget the name of it right now. Of course the one they based the movie Flight on is a good one too.

1 Like

Yes so agree, that’s an incredible quote and proved to be so true in my experience as one of those true alcoholic types.

So glad you mentioned the story that lead to the creation of Flight. That’s one of my all time favorite movies.

1 Like

Technically its the only story in the Big Book, whos authors name is known. Great film. John Goodman is great in it.

1 Like

I know it’s not in the back but I love Bill’s story. The way he writes and the imagery he uses to describe his alcoholism is so good. “I would forge the weapon that would one day turn in it’s flight and cut me to ribbons.” I truly don’t know how many times I’ve read it. Gutter Bravado is a really good one as well.

1 Like